"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 20, 2023

two very different cards...

 Hello!  Today I have two very different cards to share.  One is light and bright and the other is rather dramatic.  Let's take a look at the first one.


First up is the rather dramatic looking card.  This one is for the current Sunday Stamps challenge as well as the April Pinkfresh Studio challenge.  The Sunday Stamps challenge is a color challenge and I just fell in love with the bold, dramatic color combo.   Pinkfresh is asking for floral themed cards and I did use at least one color from their color palette:  olive.  I started by foiling the Daisy Wreath with black foil.  Once that was done I stenciled image using the majority of the Sunday Stamps colors.  My greens aren't as dark, but I think that is okay.  All inks used are from Pinkfresh Studio.   The wreath was then die cut with the matching die.  I cut an additional wreath from scrap white cardstock and adhered it to the back of the stenciled one to give it more stability.  The sentiment is a collaboration between Pinkfresh Studio and Scrapbook.com.  I don't know if it is available now.  I have had it for a long time, but I think this is the first time I have used it.  I foiled it using blue foil and die cut it with the matching die.  Additional cuts were made and adhered to the foiled sentiment.  I decided to continue the dramatic look by die cutting dark blue cardstock with the Sparkling Diamond cover plate die.  I then die cut it down further so I would have the white border.  I adhered the wreath and the sentiment and then added some Pinkfresh Studio jewels in Stargazer and Pink to finish the card.  Here is a close up of the foiled sentiment.




Now for my light and bright card!


Even though it doesn't feel like spring in my part of the world the Color Throwdown combo helps remind we that it is in fact spring!  I pulled out my Reverse Confetti Poppies stamp and die set to do some simple stamping.  I'm still sad that Reverse Confetti is no more, but I'm determined to use my stash of RC products.  The hello is from the RC Hello Daisy stamp and die set.   After stamping and die cutting all the elements I arranged them on a simple white cardstock panel and then added some yellow Nuvo drops to the centers of the smaller flowers.   Clean, simple and very different from the first card!


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your bold version of that wreath, I'll have to give that a try! Very pretty, Rosemary. Your second card is just delightful! I wanted that set and it was never in stock, drat. It's like polka dot flowers!

TK said...

Both cards are beautiful! LOVE the bold one, the colors are just so fresh and stunning, especially alongside the beautiful scripty sentiment. The second card is CAS and fabulous too

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOWZER! Rosemary, both of these cards are stunning. I love the blue and pink, it has a beautiful impact. Your paler colours are just as gorgeous, just different, the colour mix has been used beautifully. Good to hear you are using your stash too, they should serve us well and look so different and still beautiful in different colours too.
Faith x

Heather said...

Wow, Rosemary, such a gorgeous take on our colors! Love this beautiful ring of flowers, so graceful over that pretty blue background - love your texture there, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Greta said...

Your first card just blew me away, Rosemary! One of my favorites for sure! Sweet 2nd one, too!

Vickie Z said...

Love both of these cards!! Yes, I was thinking spring when I picked these colors... wonderful interpretation!!So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Heidi Baks said...

I agree -- your navy background and lovely pink wreath is very dramatic and striking. I love your interpretation of the color challenge. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

dj said...

Wowsers!!! This is just gorgeous!! I love the textured/quilted background...in navy it is just so rich!! You rocked our "floral fragrance" challenge colors with your "Best Wishes" card!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sunday stamps!! Deb Horst, DT #SSC307

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, I just love your card with our color combo! It is so dramatic and and the pink and green pop off the blue! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Annette Elliott said...

Your flower cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing and playing along with this weeks color challenge at Sunday Stamps!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I'm so behind on commenting that I can't get to all your posts, Rosemary - sorry! Just love both of these cards - gorgeous blue background for your wreath on card one and cheery CAS for card two!!