"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

you are my sunshine...

 Hello!  Is the sun shining where you live?  It is partly sunny here.  I could have said partly cloudy, but I want to be an optimist, lol!   About a week ago I was digging through my collection of products looking for something and came across my long neglected Blue Skies suite of products from PaperTrey Ink.  Instead of putting them back I kept them out because I really wanted to make something with them.  Thankfully the current JUGs challenge came along because I now have used the products sooner rather than later!   Take a look at what I made.


Recently my friend, Greta, asked if I wanted to share in an order from Simon Says Stamp.  She lives in Oregon and I live in Washington, but I said yes, because she would be placing the order and Oregon has no sales tax!   Plus, I think she had a free shipping code and so I would only have to pay for her to mail the products to me from Oregon.  A win-win in my book.  As part of the order we split a package of Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Velvet Luxury cardstock in snow white.  I had used a tiny amount of one sheet, but when I saw the Blue Skies cover plate that creates a cloud filled background I knew I had to use the velvet cardstock.   The cover plate creates a lot of embossing so I was a little worried that the embossing wouldn't show up on the thinner velvet cardstock, but it turned out amazing!   I didn't want the entire piece to be white so I took a small scrap to see how it would take ink.  As you can see it work pretty darn well!   I used distress ink in Broken China for the inking.  I die cut the sun rays from white cardstock and then ink blended on Squeezed Lemonade and Scattered Straw distress inks.   Things were moving along smoothly until I decided to add foam squares to the back of my cloud/sun panel.  I hadn't stamped the sentiment that you see on one of the rays.  Thankfully everything stamped perfectly!  I finished with a scattering of sparkling clear sequins.  


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


6 comments:

Nancy said...

I think this is an awesome card, Rosemary! Your clouds look incredible and so pillowy soft! Love how you split the greeting also! Well done! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Nancy, I love the soft pillowy look of those clouds! I don't remember this set, I'm so glad you shared it with us over at JUGs!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I love those embossed fluffy clouds Rosemary, the sun rays are just wonderful, a beautiful happy day wishes from your card.
Faith x

Carol said...

The fluffy clouds and that gorgeous sunshine die made a great card, especially with all of those perfectly places sequins! (I struggle with their placement every time) So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls this week!

Carol said...

I'm a texture girl and between your fluffy clouds and the amazing sun die, you had my attention! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--such a wonderfully creative card, my friend! That velvet paper looks fabulous in white & with the blue inking! Maybe I should actually use some of that paper instead of just looking at it--haha!