"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 15, 2023

another mother's day card...

Hello!  A quick post to share a card that I made for Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches.    I started making the card and then almost didn't finish it!  But I did and now I have another Mother's day card. 

Yellow seems to be the color of the moment for me!  This is the second or third card I have made using yellow in as many weeks.  Funny how things happen that way.  I used lots of pretty Birch Press Design products on this card along with a sentiment from an older Simon Says Stamp Mother's day stamp set.  I have a post up on the Birch Press Design blog (see it here) where I did direct to paper inking in order to  have a cardstock color that matched the stenciling I did.  I decided to do that with this card and I must say that I love how much it looks like colored cardstock!  I used Hero Arts Butterbar and Pinkfresh Studio Lemon Whip for the rose and Pinkfresh Studio Mint and Evergreen for the leaves.  I added lots of texture to the card by using Memory Box white woodgrain cardstock and die cutting it with the Birch Press Design Pinpoint Contour plate die.  I added some additonal texture by die cutting heavy weight vellum using layer C from the BPD Calen layering die set.   The rose and leaves are from the BPD Dainty Rose and Leaves Contour layers set.  



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!



6 comments:

Greta said...

I love direct to paper, too. This is a beauty!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is another of your gorgeous cards Rosemary, I love the yellow rose, vellum and dies. The embossed background certainly adds that perfect something.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

Glad you stuck it out because it's lovely!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a gorgeous yellow rose! I'm glad you finished this pretty card off and shared it with us! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

TK said...

Beautiful! Isn't it amazing that we can make our own matching cardstock?! I'm so glad you decided to finish this card and share, it needs to be shared

Broni said...

Such a pretty use of the colors, Rosemary!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!