"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

fall berries...

 Hello!  I'm popping in today with a card for this month's Pinkfresh Studio challenge, as well as the Sunday Stamp challenge.  The Pinkfresh Studio challenge this month is to use ombre and/or tone on tone.  I actually used both on my card with the gorgeous color way from Sunday Stamps.  Take a look at what I made.


I have mentioned this before, but Scrapbook.com often has a "gift with purchase" or freebie offer.  During the summer one of their offers featured a product from Pinkfresh Studio.  It has been a while, but I believe it was the stamp set called Berry Branch.  I couldn't resist so I bought the coordinating stencils and die.  That is what I am using on my card today.  The stamp set is actually a Christmas set, but as you can see, the berry branch looks amazing in fall colors.  I used distress inks in Scattered Straw and Rusty Hinge for the leaves and Festive Berries and Fired Brick for the berries.  That created my tone on tone look.  I did ombre ink blending on white cardstock using Weather Wood and then die cut the panel with the Pinkfresh Fancy Oval Frame die.  I die cut multiples of the frame from scrap cardstock, adhered them together and then adhered it to my white cardstock panel.  With the Fance Oval Frame die the oval is a "fall out" piece.  I adhered all of the ones made when I die cut the frame together with the ink blended on on top and then added thin foam squares to the back to pop it up even more.  I then adhered the berry branch on top.  Originally, I had wanted the white portion of the oval frame to be at the top, but I could find a good place to put the sentiment (from the Pinkfresh Studio Thanks for Being There stamp set).  I flipped the panel upside down and there was the perfect spot, lol!  I adhered the sentiment with a combo of liquid adhesive and foam squares cut into thin strips.   I finished with some Pinkfresh Studio ombre jewels in gold.  



Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a gorgeous autumn card, Rosemary!

Heather said...

Wow, this is so prettily colored! Love the bold gold of the branch leaves with the berries, and such a fun layout, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous berries atop that light blue label, Rosemary - love this!!

Stef Perry said...

I would say you nailed both challenges Rosemary! I love both the ombre and the tone on tone stenciling/ink blending. There are plenty of plants in the fall that have berries, so stretching your supplies with the beautiful branch worked perfectly! Thank you so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Annette Elliott said...

Your coloring is spectacular, Rosemary! Love how your beautifully colored leaves just pop of the page. Thanks for playing along with this weeks challenge at Sunday Stamps!

Greta said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Rosemary! Love everything about it!