"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, October 6, 2023

just a note...

 Hello!  I am popping in to share the card I made for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.    The CTD colors this week are similar to the color combo at Color Hues so I thought about entering it there, but decided that if I participated in the CH challenge, I would just make a different card.  I will also post this to the Flower Challenge.  It is their birthday and the last challenge that Viv, who helped start the challenge will be participating in.  I "met" Viv when I participated in the Less is More challenge.  She is a fabulous clean and simple card designer and will be missed!   Alright how about a look at what I made.


The CTD colors are coral, blue and navy.   As many people know Ellen Hutson is closing its doors except for their stamp and die line that will be available on Amazon.  I was pretty sad to read that announcement as Ellen Hutson is a local business that I liked to support.    I took advantage of the sale to purchase the Concord & 9th Eclectic Blooms stamp and die set that I used for my card.  I actually looked at a lot of different stamp and die sets that I had and even did some stamping with another set before settling on Eclectic Blooms.  I used Pinkfresh Studio inks for all the stamping.  After stamping and die cutting the flowers I die cut some PTI polka dot vellum with a circle die to provide me with the three elements on the sketch.  I used the polka dots to hide the glue I used to glue the circle to my white panel.  I adhered the flower and the sentiment that I stamped with the dark blue.  I added some dots of Nuvo drops in a pale blue to finish things off.


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

12 comments:

Viv said...

Awww love your beautiful pink card Rosie! CAS perfection as always! Thank you so much for the lovely comments too, much appreciated ;) hugs Viv xx

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely CAS card, Rosemary!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful blossoms, Rosemary - love the colors and design!!

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card, Rosemary. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Simply beautiful Rosemary, super take on the sketch and then matching the colours. Love it.
Faith x

TK said...

CAS at its finest, and such pretty colors!

Kim S said...

What a beautiful way to use the sketch. I love the two delicate flowers on the circle. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Broni said...

What a great CAS card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown challenge!!

Cécile RIBON said...

What beautiful flowers! The colors are gorgeous, so sutble and elegant. Thanks for this delightful take on this week's FMS challenge.

Loll said...

Beautiful CAS card using lovely colours, Rosemary!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, love the flower you have used and the card design just perfect. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

Greta said...

Very sweet!