"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, October 22, 2023

hey there...

 Hello!  I'm popping in today to share a simple card I made using a new product from Waffle Flower Crafts.  Waffle Flower was so kind and sent me a package of their brand new Shader 0+ brushes to try out and give my thoughts on.   I used the mood board/color combo from JUGs for my colors and the new Waffle Flower Pop Up Fall Leaves panel die and the coordinating Fall Leaves stencil which Waffle Flower generously sent to me, as well.  


You can see the shader brushes I used on the right hand side of the photo.  How cute are they?  Even though slim in size they fit nicely in your hand.  I die cut a piece of white cardstock with a rectangle die and then die cut the pop up leaves from that.  I selected the following distress ink colors based off the JUGs color palette:  Ripe Persimmon, Wild Honey, Aged Mahagany and Fired Brick.  I layed the stencil on top of the die cut panel and started blending on the ink.  I had initially thought I would blend two ink shades together, but I realized that I could achieve the shaded look I wanted with just one color.   It is very simple shading, but I like the more graphic look that I achieved.    


Because the brushes have a slight slant to them I found that for me what worked best for me was using a stroking motion instead of the usual circular motion that is used with most blending took.  You can blend with them that way it is just that the other way worked better for me.  And even for their small size they pick up a lot of ink.   Waffle Flower also sent me one of their sampler packs to try out.  I hope to have a few more cards to share made with these new brushes.  Life has been a bit of a struggle this past week.  My oldest was in a car accident that thankfully he emerged from with only lacerations, scrapes and bruising.   We are also thankful that he was driving our Subaru.  They have one of the best safety records and now we, as a family, can attest to that!   I think from all the stress I caught the cold my youngest had and that has knocked me for a loop.  I'm feeling better, but still lacking energy or drive!

I finished the card with a Waffle Flower sentiment that I foiled in gold and die cut with the matching die.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


8 comments:

Vikki H said...

I love the shading you got using one ink with these brushes. I need to order a set. The leaf cover plate is one of my favorites too. So thankful your son wasn't hurt any worse than he was. Subaru for the win, we agree as long time owners.

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is as pretty as it can be, Rosemary! Those little leaves are so sweet. My goodness, I'm so glad your son is okay, that's scary stuff. Feel better soon!

Carol said...

So sorry to hear about your con's accident! Beautiful fall card! Love how you made this! So glad you shared it with us at Just Us Girls!

TK said...

What adorable little leaves, fluttering all about!

I'm so glad your son is ok, and now for all you to heal!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

So scary about your son's accident, but so glad he is ok!
Your card is fabulous! I love all of those pretty fluttering leaves and the beautiful shading on them with your new Shader brushes. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Ugh - sorry for your son's accident & that you're ill, Rosemary - happy healing to all! Beautiful leaves and I love the shading you achieved with the WaffleFlower tool!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card is stunning Rosemary, with such beautiful shading and design. I’m so sorry to hear your son was involved in an accident, but glad to hear he is OK ish! I can understand you coming down with a cold, during such a stressful time, I hope things will improve for you all now.
Faith x

Greta said...

I won that die & stencil, but sadly haven't even used it yet. I do love the look of shading with just one color per leaf! So grateful your son was not seriously hurt!