"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, August 1, 2011

Belated Birthday Wishes....

Hi Ya!  Today was another absolutely gorgeous day here in Washington!  And so on this beautiful day we headed up to Seattle and the Boeing Museum of Flight.  Our little guy was in HEAVEN because he LOVES cars, trains and airplanes.   The Museum of Flight is a really cool place for big people, too.  They have the only flyable B17 "Flying Fortress" bomber, a Concorde and Air Force One (used by five presidents including Kennedy and Nixon!).  So, after all that I wasn't sure I would be getting anything done today, but I did get a quick little card done for three challenges:  CR84FNthe Paper Players and the SCS CAS challenge.



The color combo over at CR84FN is probably one of my favorites so far:  lavendar, grey & celery green.  I could have made a far more elaborate card using the Paper Players sketch, but I decided to keep the card really simple because I also posted the cards on Splitcoaststampers for this week's CAS challenge to make a belated birthday card.  When I started to make the card I was going to use one of my "go to" sets SU!'s Fast & Fabulous, but then decided that I really needed to try out the PTI anniversary set Botanical Silhouettes so I used that set along with a sentiment from the Waltzingmouse set Fancy Phrases.  As I started putting the card together I realized that turrning the sketch on its side was going to work best for me.  I really love how the card turned out. 

Thanks for taking a peek...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SU! Basic Grey & Certain Celery; PTI white; Stamps:  PTI & Waltzingmouse; Ink:  Ranger Milled Lavendar Distress Ink, SU! Certain Celery, Ancient Page grey; SU! border punch; PTI Lavendar Moon ribbon

29 comments:

Barb said...

So pretty, Rosie! I love the colors and always love your bows! The Boeing Museum sounds like a neat place. Glad you enjoyed your day!

Angelica Turner said...

Beautiful take on the color challenge, I always love this colors together.

Velta said...

Oh Rosie, this is stunning! Love all of the white background...making this an elegant creation! So glad that you and yours had such a great time at the Museum!!!

Deborah Frings said...

It's just lovely - I really like the flowers and the fabulous ribbon. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Elise said...

Hellooooooooo, Mrs. Beautiful! LOOK at you and THIS gorgeous and oh, so spectacular use of color and fabulousness - this is SUCH a happy way to be excused for some belated b-day wishes - SINCERELY! Thanks for the good ju-ju and terrific inspiration! xoxo!

Lauri said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary! I like how you turned the sketch on its side! My daughter is leaving tomorrow for a two week vacation in Bellingham and is so excited! Glad to hear the weather is beautiful!! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week.

Jenny said...

What a beauty, just love the dark base card too. Sounds like a fun day, we have an air museum like that not far from us :)
Jenny x

craftieodmae said...

awesome card Rosemary, love the softness........

Loli said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER!!!!!!LESS IS MORE.

A hug from Palma

Liz McGuire, said...

Wow, this is gorgeous,

Liz x

Lesley said...

Hey there Rosi! I just drove past the Boeing Building last week when I was on my trip to the Oregon Coast! Too funny! Your card is beautiful as usual, love how you flipped the sketch!
Smiles,
Lesley

Christine said...

Maybe it's a quick one but very beautiful! Nice that you had a wonderful day with your family.
Hug
Christine

Mona Pendleton said...

So soft and pretty Rosemary! Love the decorative edge and lovely flower garden! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love this one, Rosemary! The colors look great together and I love how you gave the sketch a flip! How fabby is that bow, by the way? Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely beautiful, love the colour combo and the bow is perfect.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card very soft and the bow is the perfect touch.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty---CAS yet fabulous! I love the colors you chose! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh, I love that you flipped the sketch! It looks great that way! Gorgeous colors and the flowers are lovely. So glad you play along with us at The Paper Players! :-)

Tui Nathan said...

Beautiful Rosemary, love the soft and subtle feel of the card! Loving the colour scheme!
Thank you for joining us this week at Paper Players!

Sue Lelli said...

Rosemary, LOVE your absolutely PERFECT bow! The stamped flowers and edge look so pretty against the gray card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Michelle said...

I too love how it turned out! Beautiful bow!

jaydee said...

Rosemary, I love how it turned out, too!!!! Turning the sketch on its side was such a great idea. I am totally in love with the very soft color scheme, too. So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week, I always enjoy seeing your creations.
Jaydee

Marie said...

Your card is stunning. Coloring is fabulous.

Lisa Elton said...

Very sweet little birthday card!

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Rosemary! I love the softness you have created in this card. It's just perfect. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Greta said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! Love how you stamped the sentiment over the image--perfection!

Brenda said...

I love the images in that PTI set and you used it perfectly on this gorgeous card Rosemary!

MTNestor said...

Rosemary what soft colors you used on this card. Looks so subtle.

Penny N.

Andrea M said...

Stunning Rosemary!!! I LOVE what you've done with the image and sentiment - they just pop against the grey!!! Oh yeah!!! This ROCKS! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!