"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, August 26, 2011

CASEing Myself...

Hey there!! Wow... what a gorgeous day we are having here in Washington state!  Just spent the majority of it at a local beach with my sister and her three girls.  My little one had a blast playing with his cousins and getting all covered with sand!



Got a card today for the current CASE Study challenge, as well as for ColourQ.   This week at CASE Study Chupa is asking us to make a card in our "signature style".   Now I don't know if I have a "signature style" because sometimes I feel like my style is all over the place!  But I do know that I love the Clean and Simple (CAS) style and probably make more cards in that style than any other.  I also know that when I'm confronted with a color combo that I find kind of tricky (like this week's ColourQ combo) I tend to keep things very simple.  So, for my card I CASEd a card I made a month or so ago that really exemplifies my CAS style (you can see the card here).   I used one of my favorite SU! sets, Echoes of Kindness, and a sentiment from a My Favorite Things sentiment set.  The sentiment is one of my favorites and can actually be found in my blog banner:  We do not remember days, we remember moments.   I stamped the floral image using Palette Sunflower ink (it closely matches SU!'s Crushed Curry) and then overstamped the sentiment using Old Olive.  The card base is SU!'s Island Indigo.  The pumpkin colored gems are from Hero Arts. 

And so... there you have it!  My clean and simple card.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SU! Island Indigo; Stamps:  Stampin Up! & My Favorite Things; Ink:  Palette and Stampin Up!; Gems:  Hero Arts

15 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

EXCELLENT CAS design!! And gorgeous take on this color combo!! Love your style, girl!!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Well I have to agree with you Rosie, I see you as the Queen of CAS!
(as you know), and although you make some wonderful cards in other Genre's, you really excel in this type. Having attempted CAS which to me is purgatory (as you know), I admire all who make these types of cards. This creation, like your first one is delightful, and I am crushed to know that you can just dish them out so easily, I am so envious!!!!!
Smiles:)

sheila said...

what a soothing card! I love your design. And you do CASE soooo well!

Brenda said...

I love it when you do CAS Rosemary, you do it so well and so elegantly!

Sylvia said...

Lovely CAS card, Rosemary! Such a beautiful design in the way you chose to use each color. thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Kara said...

Simple and stunning. So glad you joined us at the ClourQ this week!

Unknown said...

love, love, love!!!

Elise said...

WHAT a beautiful card for this glorious post and happy tales from the sea shore! SO glad you guys had such fun, Rosebud! THIS card - gasp - WONDERFUL! Thanks for the happy share! xoxo!

Anita Scroggins said...

Very well done, great take on the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week.

RORO LEE said...

I feel like my style is all over the place too!! But I just follow my mood to create stuff~

This card looks great! The gems is such a good add.

Greta said...

I wouldn't have known where to start with that color combo, but wow--your card is perfect! I LOVE your style, my friend! Always something to inspire me!

TesaB said...

Ohhh, this is CAS perfection!!!! Soooo beautiful!

Michelle said...

love the simplicity!

Trina Georgi said...

This is simply beautiful, in every way!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous CAS creation, Rosemary and fabulous way to incorporate all of those strong colors! The design is beautiful! Glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!