"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blue Mood....

For my Flourishes Birthday Hop card click here.

Hey there!!  Here with a card for the current ODBDSLC challenge (a sketch) and the current Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge (to make your sentitment the focus).   I recently saw a beautiful card by ODBDSLC design team member, Lori, that was done in blue and white.   I just loved the look and had been wanting to make a card using those two colors.  Today was my opportunity.  I must be honest, though, and tell you that when I actually started making this card last night I was certain it wasn't going to turn out very well.  Thank goodness for the light of a new day and the addition of some lace!! 



Since this card is for the ODBD and Flourishes challenge I used stamps from both companies.  The scripture is from the ODBD Scripture Col. 7 set and the butterfly from the Flourishes Clematis & Butterflies set.   The white cardstock is PTI and the navy is Stampin Up!'s Night of Navy.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SU! Night of Navy; PP:  Night of Navy; Stamps:  ODBD & Flourishes; Gems:  unknown; Ribbon:  SU! Night of Navy & May Arts White Lace; Sizzix embossing folder; Ink:  SU! Night of Navy

17 comments:

Brenda said...

Truly beautiful Rosemary! I love blue and white together! That bow!!!

joy said...

Love, love, love!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Just absolutely love this card. Darkening any colour so that it moves closer to black creates a feeling of power. Deep navy blue is the most serious, trustworthy and also inspires confidence. White is the ultimate contrast and gives a clean effect which sometimes can seem cold but by adding embellishments you have warmed it up and made it friendly and it conveys your message perfectly.
Smiles:)

Jenny said...

Beautiful card Rosemary, I just love blue and white together...so pure and delicate like fine china. The strip of crochet is gorgeous!
Jenny x

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Rosemary! Love the details and all that blue :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!

laurie said...

This is a beautiful card!

Barb said...

Gorgeous, Rosie! Wow, so striking with the navy and white and lovely details!

Greta said...

Wow--such a gorgeous card, Rosemary! I love that verse, too!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning card Rosemary!! I just love your use of the butterfly on the sentiment panel and your elegant paper. Gorgeous take on the sketch! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge again this week!!
hugs,
Chris

Saints Rule! said...

Wow Rosemary! I absolutely LOVE navy and white together! And I am so glad you didn't give up! Your card is amazing! I love all the details... so LUSH! Fabulous!!!!!

Betty Wright said...

Rosemary, the rich hues of blues are so regal! Love the cut work detailing on the butterfly!
Wonderful scripture card! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Challenge!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful monochromatic color scheme Rosemary. Very elegent!

Elise said...

This is textbook, "elegant!" - I feel quite underdressed to be viewing it at this time... hee hee VERY, very, exceptionally, well done, Rosie! xoxoxo!

Christine said...

Great creation Rosemary! I love the colours and also the sentiment. I'm still fan of you!
Hug from a rainy Belgium
Christine

Bernie said...

Fabulous Card!
Blessings Bernie

Michelle said...

love the blue and white combo...beautiful! love the sentiment!