"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, August 12, 2011

ColourQ 97...

Hey there... after spending the last day or so coloring up a storm with my Copic markers I decided to make something that required absolutely no coloring.  Made this little card using the current color combo from ColourQ.  Hadn't done a ColourQ challenge in ages because of one thing or another (lack of time, lack of talent, etc..) so was determined to make something using this week's colors.  The color choices are bold and bright with a bit of softness thrown in for good measure. 



On Wednesday my most recent PTI purchases finally showed up on my doorstep (yay!) and one of those purchases was the newly release set Half & Half.  Thought it would be fun to use that set for my card.  I die cut the strip of Tangerine Tango polka dot paper with one of the dies that match the set and then cut a piece of white cardstock to fit inside.  I stamped one of the little flourish bits included in the set on the bottom using Melon Mambo ink and the sentiment using black.  A piece of Melon Mambo cardstock was run through my Big Shot inside the SU! Elegant Lines embossing folder.  After putting everything together I finished off the card with a few black rhinestones and some Spring Rain buttons. 

Thanks for taking a peek....

10 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

The embossing is wonderful on this card Rosie. The orange polka dot gives he card a unique quality, a lovely design.
Smiles:)

joy said...

Lack of talent??? I don't think so!! Love this bright and cheerful card; the colors are so pretty together.

Brenda said...

Very nice Rosemary! I like that embossing folder!

Sylvia said...

Beautifully designed card, Rosemary! Love that embossing folder, too. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.
PS.. Send me some rain! I will send you lots of sunshine!

craftieodmae said...

absolutely gorgeous, love teh embossing!

Christina said...

I swoon every time I see this embossing folder used. It is gorgeous in Melon! Love the way you used the Half & Half die with patterned paper and the scattering of gems. Beautiful design! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

Elise said...

LOOK at the delicious and delightful texture you have assembled here! Yum - I'm craving some sherbert, suddenly. Hee Hee I am ADORING your use of this terrific inspiration - you are FABULOUS! This is an exciting and HAPPY card, for sure!

Jenny said...

I love this combination of colours Rosemary..it so on trend to mix these hot colours isn't it!
Great die too...it's a good job I don't live in the states with PTI on the same piece of land mass, I would be penniless!!
Jenny x

Michelle said...

That embossing folder is on my wish list! I love what you crreated, Rosemary! The scattered pearls are awesome!

Anita Scroggins said...

The embossing is fabulous, thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!