"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mini Journal...

Hey there!  Here today with a little project that works for five different challenges!  That is a first for me working in five challenges on one project.  The most I have done prior to this is four and I thought that was alot of challenges!  But I know there are crafters out there who routinely enter their projects in way more then five challenges!    Anywhoo... my little project works for the following challenges:


JUGs  - embellish a notebook or journal
City Crafters - use up your scraps
Shabby Tea Room - polka dots
Stampin Sisters in Christ - use music in some form
Card Patterns - sketch




When I saw that the JUGs challenge was to embellish a notebook or journal I knew right away that I wanted to do a mini one.  My little journal is 4 1/2 x 3 1/4.    The perfect size for the Card Patterns sketch.  My last project had some scraps left over and so I used them along with some other scraps to put together my journal and lucky for me those scraps included the polka dotted paper and the music paper!  Now I have to say that had it not been for fellow crafter, Michelle, posting her projects for City Crafts and the Shabby Tea Room I wouldn't have known my little journal would fit right into those challenges... so, thanks, Michelle! 

I love how my little journal turned out so I think I'm going to be keeping it for myself.   Thanks for taking a peek...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Vintage Cream; PP:  October Afternoon Thirft Shop; BasicGrey Green at Heart; LilyBeeDesign Picket Fence; Glue stick; mini journal; Sizzix leafy branch die; KaiserCraft rhinestones; Prima Trellis Rose

30 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

You are far too clever Rosie, this little piece of Art is just too gorgeous for words, I just absolutely adore it from your flower to the flourish and the music BG, it all sits so well together.
Smiles:)
PS good luck with ALL 5 Challenges!!!!

Romaine said...

What a sweet, lovely journal! Love the background and the beautiful flower!

Lin said...

I love what you did, Rosemary! And so impressed about you hitting FIVE birds with one stone! Well done!

Traci M said...

This is so lovely!! Isn't it so gratifying to use scraps and produce something so useful and prety, too? Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! Have a blessed week!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

craftieodmae said...

Girl this is fantastic!!!! Love hte paper and that flower too!

TesaB said...

It's beautiful. Wonderful vintage feel over it. Love the polka dot paper and the red and pink combo! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns this week!

Michelle said...

My pleasure, Rosemary!!! You are too funny!
Your book is gorgeous! The sketch is a perfect layout for a journal! Beautiful papers and embellishments! Love it!

Michelle said...

Forgot to tell you I saw some awsome cards made by the very talented Rosemary Dennis in the September edition of CardMaker! Kudos to you, lady!

Barb said...

You use patterned paper so well, Rosie! What a beautiful cover for your journal! I'd keep it for myself too!

Canonbury creations said...

This is gorgeous Rosie, love the diecuts in patterned paper and the whole layout is beautiful!
Val x

Saints Rule! said...

Very pretty Rosemary! Love how you were able to incorporate 5 challenges... Awesome work my friend!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is amazing...I adore the colors and papers....hope you have a great day!

enjoy *~*

velta said...

Simply gorgeous Rosemary!!! Your eye for fixing the front of this journal was impecable! I love the leaves and the flower you added!! TFS!!

Ros said...

Absolutely gorgeous! ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

iCreateforfun said...

Very nice, Rosemary.

Nichole Loe said...

What a pretty notebook!! Love the colors.

Elise said...

Clever, clever, CLEVER girl! Rosebud - you're a genius! What a wonderfully woven tappestry of challenge answets! I love THIS project! Stunning, brilliant and absolutely intoxicating use of materials - MEOW! This is SUPER, darlin'! lOVE, love, LOVE IT when you link up your mighty fine talents with Just Us Girls & Card Patterns! xoxo!

Maria said...

What a beautiful little book! Great job with the altering an notebook challenge and thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

So pretty!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Absolutely adore this!

Karen M said...

Oooh! This is so very lovely. What a fabulous idea! xx

Rushd Lady said...

What a cute notebook! I have those favorite projects that I like to keep also, like my card I used for this week's Stampin' Sister's in Christ challenge! :)

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Rosemary - this is beautiful - your journal is a treasure ! I love the musisc on it and the way you have worked the challenges together! Thanks for joining us at the Stampin' Sisters on Christ Challenge this week - we appreciate your support and love to see your creations! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

susanne said...

You have been doing some gorgeous art work Rosemary! So sorry I haven't been able to visit more often! I just love this embellished note book!!

Sian Ridley said...

Wow! That's just stunning! And if it was me, I would absolutely keep it for myself too! He he!

Greta said...

Wow--what a wonderful project, Rosemary!

Unknown said...

I love this.. What a pretty creation.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

This is so GORGEOUS! Thank you for playing along with us at CCCB!

Saints Rule! said...

Congrats on your selection at SSIC! Love the journal! {{hugs}}