"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Getting Inky with Less is More....

Hey there!!  Saturday has rolled around, again, and that means a brand new challenge over at Less is More.  This week Chrissie and Mandi have challenged us to get a little inky and use either use our inks in a way we have never tried before or to use a favorite technique.  Oh and add to that the fact that the card needs to be one layer!! Yikes!!!  I opted to use a favorite technique... emboss/resist.  Usually when I do emboss/resist I clear emboss the image and then apply the distress inks, but for this card I decided to emboss the image using black embossing powder and then apply the ink.  This card is a stripped down version of a card I did earlier in the week using the same technique.  You can see that card here.  Once, again, I used the Flourishes Ferns & Fiddles set. 


I decided to do a bit of masking using a Spellbinders die.  I cut a piece of cardstock the same size as my card front and then using the Spellbinders die cut out the rectangle.  This piece was taped to the card and the image was stamped using the watermark ink.  I removed the mask, applied the embossing powder and heat set it.  The mask was then reattached and the inks applied.  Finished off the card with a few gems and the sentiment.

Thanks for taking a peek.... now go get inky!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Inks:  Ranger Scattered Straw, Aged Mahogany & Dusty Concord, VersaMark Watermark ink; PTI True Black;  Stamps:  Flourishes Ferns & Fiddles; Gems:  Hero Arts; Die:  Spellbinders rectangle die; Embossing Powder:  Filigree Black

40 comments:

sheila said...

Love this card Rosemary....was just perusing that challenge myself and was blown away by all the beautiful creations....haven't done much in the way of this type of masking/inking myself and think I will have to try it! great tip on using spellbinders to make the mask!

Chrissie said...

You and ink seem to be great pals Rosemary!
This is a fabulous card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning Rosemary! I love that technique. xx

Kristie W. said...

This is so pretty!! Great job with the one layer!

Brenda said...

Not only is your card just wonderful with great colors but I totally love the sentiment!

Sarah said...

A lovely card with vibrant colours.

Kathyk said...

Beautiful card and stunning colors

Kathyk

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card, love your inking the colours are gorgeous
Beryl x

Carole Campanile said...

Another beautiful card Roasemary. The colors are fabulous, so rich and warm. And you worked bling into your wonderful card; I love bling!!! :)

TFS
Carole

Deborah Frings said...

This is just super - I really like the ink colours - a beautiful sunset! The little gems are lovely accents!

Jenny said...

Stunning scene, like a sunset and the silhouette is so striking in the foreground. Its a great technique...I must try it. So many ideas, so liitle time!!!
Jenny x

Saints Rule! said...

Loving your inky creation! I love the rich sunset and your selected image... So clean and classic! Blessing to you Rosemary!

Lynne said...

Gorgeous! Love your colours.
Lynne xxx

Michelle said...

love your inking! pretty colors too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfectly centered and awesome color usage!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Beautiful Rosie. I liked your first one this one is just as good, I am going to give this Challenge a go as I never do one layer cards, and I think it is good to extend oneself creatively to see how it pans out...
Smiles:)

joy said...

I really love the black embossed design with the colors added - just pops right off the card! Great design, Rosemary!

Annes Art said...

Beautiful!!

craftieodmae said...

absolutely love it!!!

Suze Bain said...

Fabulous embossing and inking Rosemary. The colours are gorgeous. xx

Linby said...

Lovely card-the sentiment fits beautifully too.
Linbyx

Mandi said...

Beautiful card Rosemary
Gorgeous colours
Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous card, gorgeous colours, just plain GORGEOUS

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary I really like the contrast of the white card against your fabulous inking! Beautiful.

Jenni's Jems said...

really lovely card great colours x

Ang C said...

Stunning results - beautiful colours

Sasha said...

Super card! Gorgeous colours and image!

Susan said...

Oh my! Rosemary, this turned out fabulous!! I love that stamp...I really should get mine out and use it!)Your embossing looks great!

Gibmiss said...

Wow Rosie a stunning card ....love the vibrant colours ....Stunning work ...
Hugs sylvie
x

G Peplow said...

Superb card Rosemary, love all the brilliant colour, the sentiment fits beautifully, Gay xxx

Angelica Turner said...

What a gorgeous image, loving the colors and simple elegance.

Aileen said...

lovely colours for your background and i like the sentiment. x

GinaA said...

Great colours, Love the way the sentiment breaks the edge of the colour block.

Judy1223 said...

Wow, what a gorgeous background! Way to go!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Glorious colours and a great technique. Love it!
Sylvia x

Canonbury creations said...

Fab sunset colours Rosemary and the embossed resist looks great in black!Might have to have another go now I've seen yours:)
Val x

kingstonmama said...

Gorgeous sunset. Love your colors and that leaf looks great in black. Ann

Karen @ stampinginpink said...

really gorgeous card Rosemary and thanks for the Nesties tip - will be glad to get more use from them! lol Karen

Sue - said...

Lovely card

massofhair said...

Such wonderful warm colours with a beautiful image. Fantastic creation and technique:-)