"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

This Is The Day.....

Hi There!  Hope everyone's week is going well.  For me... so far so good.  Got my oldest off to camp yesterday so my little one gets mommy and daddy all to himself!   I think he is pretty happy about that!



A card for a couple of challenges.  ODBD's Shining the Light challenge and the Paper Players.  The challenge this week at PP is to use the following colors:  Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Rose Red.   When I saw the combo my heart kinda sank because I tend to be far to literal when it comes to colors, meaning I MUST USE THE EXACT COLORS!   So... I have been trying to work on that and be a bit more flexible.  To that end I rummaged through my extensive collection of 6x6 paper pads and came up with two patterned papers that were good matches.  Thankfully my literal half was appeased by the fact that I do have Pretty in Pink ink and cardstock and Regal Rose ribbon, otherwise I don't think I could have gotten the card made!  The ODBDSLC challenge is to use a tag on your card.  That part was easy peasy because I have several ODBD tag sets and the matching die.  For the card I used the tag from the Tulip Tag set and the verse (one of my favorites) from the Daffodil Tag set.   The layout is based on Chupa's current Sketchbook Saturday sketch, although I did move the bow and the placment of the roses. 

Thanks for taking a peek...  and I just want to say a thank you to those of you who have recently started following my blog.  I really appreciate it!

Supplies:  Cardstock PTI white; SU! Pink Pirouette; Patterned Paper:  LilyBeeDesign Picket Fence & BasicGrey Green at Heart; Stamps:  ODBD; Ink:  SU! Pink Pirouette, Palette L'Amour Red; Ribbon:  SU! Regal Rose; Dies:  ODBD tag die; Spellbinders Large Scallop Circle die

24 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, Rosie, this is such a gorgeous card! Everything works just beautifully together! LOVE the colors! Nicely done!

Gwen said...

I just love your card, the colors, the layout, the roses and this is one of my favorite verses as well.

Cindy Holshouser said...

Pretty!!!

craftieodmae said...

how pretty, love the sketch,

TesaB said...

Your card is stunning. Beautiful design and fantastic colors!!!

Lesley said...

Another gorgeous card Rosemary! I love the little flowers and the ribbon...thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
Smiles,
Lesley

Scrumplescrunch said...

The mix/match PP looks so good Rosie.
Your ribbon/bow is gorgeous, and I love the way you have placed a fancy dye cut behind the Tag.
Smiles:)

Lauri said...

you definitely made the colors work! and wonderful use of the sketch! Very So glad you played with us at the Paper Players this week!

joy said...

What a beautiful card! The colors blend together so nicely and I like the pp you chose to use, too!

Brenda said...

That is a beautiful card Rosemary!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Rosemary! Love that gorgeous mix of patterned paper! You showcased the colors beautifully, too. The roses are the perfect touch and I really like how you framed the sentiment. All around beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Saints Rule! said...

So pretty Rosi! I love those delicate roses on the tag. Luscious colors... beautiful!

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful card Rosie, everything matches so well and that bow is gorgeous!
My youngest son always loved the one to one when his older brother was away:))
Val x

Carrie Gaskin said...

You've married these two challenges perfectly! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Stunning Rosemary! Love your take on the sketch, the sheer elegance and your colors. Beautiful as always!!
Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!
hugs,
Chris

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

So pretty, Rosie! Thanks so much for playing :)

Michelle said...

I love these colors and the amazing ard you made with it! Beautiful!

Elise said...

YOU are JUST so adorable! {I totally feel your pain when it comes to lteral translations of color! So hard to cross the intersection without the "green light" blinking, if ya know what I mean! LOL!} THIS, however you got there, is MOST splendid and flawlessly color-assembled: YEOWZA! YOU are SUCH a gifted crafter, my SWEET Rose! xoxo!

jaydee said...

Rosemary, I bet your little one is so enjoying his mommy and daddy time. How special for all of you.
I love this card, it has a vintage feel, because of the DSP you used, but with clean lines. Gorgeous!
So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
Jaydee

Viv said...

Oh Rosemary this is such a pretty card :O) Viv xx

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Rosemary! I love the DSP and the sweet flowers! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF...the colors are so beautiful and the tag is a fabbo touch! Thank you for playing the ODBDSLC...hugs ~S~

Greta said...

I love that scripture & what a gorgeous card you made using it!

Unknown said...

Lovely card. I love the flowers and the colors.