"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Red, White, Blue & a Thank You!!

Hi Ya!  Saturday morning and time for a new Less is More challenge, but first I must take care of a few thank yous.  The first Thank You goes to Chrissie and Mandi, the creators of the Less is More challenge, for picking me as their challenge winner for the month of July!!  What an honor!!!  Thanks so much ladies... your challenges are brilliant and I can't image what my Saturdays would be without a little Less is More!!  And now a very big thank you to all my fellow LIMettes (and you know who you are!!) for all the lovely comments you leave me week after week!  Ladies you all totally ROCK!!



Now... on to my card.  This week Chrissie and Mandi have challenged us to use the colors from our country's flag and since I live in the USA that means the "Star Spangled Banner".   When I thought about what I would do I knew I had no choice but to make a card using stars.  And so here is my little card for today.  The star is from the Hero Arts set, Galaxy of Stars and the sentiment is from Waltzingmouse.  Since the star is full of the word star I decided to make a it a "congrats" card.  I think it would be a good graduation card.   I also including a photo of the flag as requested by Chrissie and Mandi.

Thanks for taking a peek....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & SU! Night of Navy; PTI Bitty Star Basics Pure Poppy; Stamps:  Hero Arts & WMS; Ink:  SU! Night of Navy & Riding Hood Red

34 comments:

Chrissie said...

Wonderful Rosemary!
This is a fabulous interpretation... so often R W B cards can look rather contrived... but this is fabulous!
Thanks so much for including a pic of your flag!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Kim S said...

Congrats on the July shout out! It is so well deserved. This is a wonderful card. It's so simple and every element works together perfectly!

Lisa Petrella said...

Super clean and fresh CAS card! Great take on the inspiration photo!!!!

Elise said...

I am SALUTING you, dear Rosebud! That is ONE gorgeous and patriotic creation, once again, showcasing your amazing ability to SHINE with wide open space and a whole lot LESS than I could ever do... AND MAKE IT SOOOO beautiful! NO WONDER you were recognized by those lovely ladies! I'm SO impressed! Congrats, dear girl- OF course, I know you DESERVE it! xoxoxo!

craftieodmae said...

your card is absolutely beautiful!!!!

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done. You can view my card here.
Maureen.......x

Mandi said...

Fantastic representation of your flag Rosemary
Terrific card
Your win was well deserved Thank YOU
Thank you so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Barb said...

Congrats on winning the July challenge, Rosie! Love this fabulous card!

Christine said...

How nice for you to be the winner of the month! I'm very glad for you! This card is also very beautiful! Maybe a winner???
Love
Christine

Maja said...

Gorgeous card!

Suze Bain said...

Congrats to you Rosemary for being the July winner. Love your card, it's fabulously CAS! xx

Linby said...

Fab card. Well done on your well deserved win for July, your cards are consistently of a high standard.
Linbyx

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card!! tfs!!

StampingStace said...

Gorgeous - perfect LIM card!
Stacex (48)

Carole Campanile said...

Rosemary - I will pay you big money for a thimble full of your amazing talent. :D

Fabulous card.

GinaA said...

Gorgeous card, very smart and stylish.

Sarn said...

Fantastic card. Perfect for the challenge.

Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE!

Jenny said...

Just perfect for a gradution card Rosemary and all that white space too...yummy :)
Jenny x

Ang C said...

A beautiful card

Judy1223 said...

As I said before, I was thrilled to see you chosen as July's winner. You are so GOOd at the challenges, too! I LOVE your card today...classic. Way to go!

Victoria said...

Fabulous card Rosemary!! Love the LO you've chosen! Congrats on winning the LIM award for July. Very well deserved, your cards are amazing!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Pauline said...

Great card, love that star stamp, and it looks great against the polka dots.

Sarah said...

This is great, I love the star!

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card and congrats on your win
Beryl x

Brenda said...

Congrats on your LIM win Rosemary! I love your card, especially the torn piece of patterned paper you added!

Lynne said...

This is a fabulous card Rosemary. Very patriotic and perfect for the challenge.
Lynne xxx

Aileen said...

Loving the design of your card. Your star looks fab. x

Michelle said...

This seemed like a fun challenge! Love your patiotic card!

Kathyk said...

A perfectly splendid card it is too

Kathyk

Susan said...

Congrats on your win, Rosemary! Your card for this challenge is just perfect!!!

G Peplow said...

Hi Rosemary, Fabulous card and fabulous congrats to you well done and so well deserved:0) Consistently gorgeous cards, Gay xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this and your star is perfect, love it all.

Viv said...

Fab CAS card again Rosemary I just LOVE your cards :O) Viv xx

Lisa A. said...

Hi, Rosemary!! What a great red, white and blue card!! Your layout is PERFECT...love the contrasting patterns and the simplicity of your sentiment..sooo nice:)!!