"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Clematis & Butterfly

Hey there!  Here with a card for this week's CASE Study challenge and Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge.   This week the Timeless Tuesday challenge required us to use pink, ribbon, lace and a button and over at CASE Study the challenge was to CASE a card that CASE Study founder, Chupa, had made.  To make things really easy on myself I decided to CASE Chupa's card that she made for this week's Timeless Tuesday challenge. 



I kept the layout she used, but changed the image, left off a sentiment and added three buttons instead of just one.  The Flourishes set I used is the Clematis & Butterflies set.  The image was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored with the following Copics:  YG00, YG03, YG06, Y21, RV000, RV02, RV04, BG000, BG01 & BG05.  The image was stamped a second time and only the butterfly and one of the flowers was colored and then trimmed out.  I diecut the image using the PTI notebook die and adhered the butterfly and flower.  Finished the card off with the bit of lace, a pink bow and the three buttons.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; PP:  BG Green at Heart; Stamps:  Flourishes; Copic Markers; Memento ink; May Arts pink crinkle ribbon & white crocheted lace; PTI die

21 comments:

Brenda said...

I love your version of Chupa's card Rosemary! Love those gorgeous flowers and your superb ribbon as usual!

Cindy Haffner said...

Rosemary this is STUNNING!!~

Sian Ridley said...

This is such a beautiful CASE of Chupa's card :) I really like those colours and the busy-ness! I'm always so jealous of people who can use patterned papers and images and embellishments and make it look wonderful! It jus looks a total mosh mash and a mess when I attempt it! Well jel of your beautiful card! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I love your take on my card too! Gret work, thanks for playing :)

joy said...

Gorgeous - I think I like your better; it "reads" more pink than Chupa's!

craftieodmae said...

this is just totally gorgoeus, all ya say, you never cease to amaze me!

Lin said...

Love this, Rosemary! Wishing you luck in both challenges!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty. Thanks for playing at FTTC. :)

Saints Rule! said...

Love this Rosemary! Thanks so much for taking me back to a special place... my childhood! The was a beautiful clematis vine in the backyard of the old farmhouse I grew up in. My mom left that place a few years back after 42 years. For some reason, I have been unable to go back. (I guess you really can't go home...) Your beautiful card brought that precious memory back. Thanks for sharing and best of luck on the challenges!

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful card Rosemary; I prefer it to the one you CASEd! xx

Suzanne Russell said...

Very good case! Love your take using the flowers.

Scrumplescrunch said...

This card does hold a timeless feeling Rosie, it maybe the BG PP with the combination of your flowers, I am unsure but it is a classic and lovely.
Smiles:)

Greta said...

So beautiful, Rosemary! Love the color combo you used!

Tiffany Ervin said...

So soft and supple! Love the tiny strip of lace on the side. Great interpretation of Chupa's card!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary I love your version. Beautiful!

Silke Ledlow said...

Rosemary, this is a beautiful case!!! Love your version too :) !!! Thank you for playing the FTTC with us....hugs ~S~

Jean Martin said...

This is so pretty Rosemary! So glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Unknown said...

Lovely coloring.

New follower

Jani
www.papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

I love how you CASED Chupa's card! Your flowers are beautiful! Love your bow!

Sue said...

Superb CASE of our super talented leader! You have captured all the essence of Iwona but adding your own flair with the fabulous flowers and butterfly!
Thanks for sharing with us at CASE study this week! :)

Elise said...

Hello, hello, my BEAUTIFUL friend - I cannot breath! THIS is too exquisite for words! Wow, girl - YOU are crazy with Copics - and I mean that in a most talented way! I love your interpretation of this glorious piece! {P.S. - You had me at THE bow!} hee hee