"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, November 6, 2017

a card and a tag...


Hello!!!   Stopping in with another card for the MFT sketch challenge that uses the colors from the current MFT color challenge.  I used the Snowflake Splendor card kit, again.  This time I used the stamp set to create my snowflakes using three of the colors from the palette.  I stamped three snowflakes and then layered two behind the dark pink panel that was die cut with the MFT Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle Stax.   The sentiment is from an older MFT card kit Snowflake Sparkle and was stamped on vellum and heat embossed in white.  I added a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins that are close in color to the dark pink although a couple are coming across as purple!



I don't often make tags, but decided to make one using an AJVD stamp set called Pine Branches for the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to make a Christmas tag.  I stamped one of the images from the set in opposite corners with watermark ink, applied white embossing powder and then heat set.  I then inked up the piece with some Iced Spruce Distress Oxide ink.  The piece was then die cut with the tag from the AJVD Minnie Pearl tag set and some additional distress oxide ink added.  I splattered the tag with white paint mixed with water to add some snow.   The word Peace was die cut from some silver glitter cardstock and then adhered.  I added some ribbon in a color similar to the Iced Spruce ink and then tied it with some mini tinsel trim.


Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Supplies:  Card:  Cardstock:  My Favorite Things and Stampin Up!; Dies:  My Favorite Things and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Stampin Up!, Memento and VersaMark; Embossing powder:  Hero Arts white; Vellum:  PaperTrey Ink

Tag:  white cardstock; Stamps and dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Ranger distress ink, VersaMark watermark ink; Embossing powder:  Hero Arts white; white acrylic paint; Ribbon:  PaperTrey Ink; Tinsel Trim:  Stampin Up!


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a pretty pretty card! I like the colors and the sentiment on vellum. LOVE it!! Your tag is gorgeous, so elegant!!

Greta said...

Wow! You're leaving me speechless, Rosemary! Have to say--you should be on the MFT DT & no wonder you're on the AJVD DT! Your work is modern, professional & breathtakingly gorgeous!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous tag Rosemary! It's so sweet and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Anita in France said...

Such lovely use of that colour palette, Rosemary ... those delicate snowflakes are so pretty! Gorgeous tag ... rich and shimmery and so elegant! Delighted you're playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday! Hugs, Anita :)