"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, November 27, 2017

Yeti for Christmas???

Hey there!!  Popping in with a last minute card for the current MFT sketch challenge.  When the MFT set Beast Friends came out I thought it was super cute especially since I love watching shows about Big Foot, the Yeti, etc.   But I kept putting off getting the set until recently because my crafting dollars are limited and there is so much to buy!   I colored up my little Yeti in traditional Big Foot/Yeti colors of shades of brown.  Once he was done I die cut him with the matching die and then colored up the trees and the little santa hat that he is wearing.  I inked up my background with Salty Ocean and Broken China distress oxide inks and then splattered on some water to create "snow".  The hills were die cut with my AJVD Slippery Slope dies and adhered to the panel after I die cut it with a Stitched Dot rectangle die.  The upper corner was trimmed off with a AJVD border die.   I layered up all my elements and then adhered the sentiment that I heat embossed in white on black cardstock.  AS you can see I'm still working on my coloring technique with colored pencils, but I like how my little Yeti turned out!

Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  MFT smooth white; Stamps:  MFT; Dies:  MFT and AJVD; Inks:  VersaFine and VersaMark; Prisma Color pencils 


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is too cute Rosemary! I like the sky you created too, nifty!!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--so creative & cute, Rosemary! Love that die cut corner!

Lisa Lara said...

He is super cute. I love his lights and how you did the corner Rosi.

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous scene for your cute yeti, Rosemary ... the blended sky is delicious! Hugs, Anita :)