"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, November 2, 2017

fall and winter...

Hey there!!!  I have a couple of cards to share!  I don't remember the last time I was able to make two cards in one afternoon, lol!!   I just haven't had the time or the inclination to make a lot of cards lately, but hopefully that is changing!  First up is a card for the current PTI Make it Monday challenge.  I don't often do the MIM challenges... not sure why... but there it is.   I actually wanted to play along with last week's MIM challenge, but never found the time so when I saw Stephanie Gold's fun technique I just had to give it a try.  Yes... my card is a rather shameless CASE of her gorgeous card, but I just loved her design!!  I changed it up a little bit by using the sketch from the current Stamp Ink Paper challenge.  I die cut and stamped the wreath using the same set Stephanie used (Twig Wreath), but all my bits and pieces also come from that same set.  After wrapping my wreath with twine and layering on all the little pieces I die cut the word bountiful (from the Color Pop Autumn Make It Market mini kit) from kraft cardstock and adhered it to my wreath.  I stamped the word blessings on PTI vellum (the best vellum to heat emboss on), heat embossed in copper, trimmed it down and adhered.   Some PTI bitty dot basics paper in Terra Cotta Tile was trimmed down and adhered to some PTI Rustic White cardstock.  Once everything was dry on the wreath it was adhered to my panel and then the panel was adhered to a kraft cardstock base.   I do really like how this turned out.  Also adding this to the current Dies R Us challenge... anything fall.  So that is the fall part of this post... now on to winter!!



The second one is for the current MFT sketch challenge.  I had one snowflake left that I created when I made the last two cards using the beautiful MFT Snowflake Splendor card kit and when I saw the new MFT sketch I knew I had found my way to use that snowflake!  I die cut my banner from Sno-Cone cardstock and silver glitter paper from the kit using a MFT Jumbo Fishtail Flag Stax die and then layered together.  The sentiment (from Snow Globe Sentiments) was stamped on vellum, embossed in silver and then trimmed down.  I adhered the snowflake to the banner and then added my banner to some MFT Sweet Tooth cardstock die cut with an AJVD die.  That piece was adhered to a Sweet Tooth cardstock base and then I adhered the sentiment strip.  Still have more ideas for ways to use this gorgeous kit... so stay tuned!!


Hope you have a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Card 1:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft, vellum and Rustic White; Patterned paper:  PTI; Stamps and dies:  PTI; Inks:  PTI (Terra Cotta Tile, Summer Sunrise), VersaFine Vintage Sepia, VersaMark watermark; Twine:  Recollections; Embossing powder:  Stampin Up! copper

Supplies:  Card 2:  Cardstock:  MFT Sweet Tooth, Sno-Cone, silver glitter, vellum, PTI vellum; Stamps and dies:  My Favorite Things; VersaMark watermark ink; Embossing powder:  Ranger silver


27 comments:

Fabiola said...

Elle est superbe ta carte, bravo

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

This is really lovely. Cheers.

lainey said...

Your MIM card is beautiful with the twine wrapped around the wreath. Love the colors you used! Your snowflake card is pretty. I also have the kit and need to start using it!

Kara Lynne said...

Good for you that you found time to play! I know how difficult that can be. Both cards are beautiful! I love that idea of winding around the wreath, and the sentiment sits in it beautifully! Your gorgeous snowflake works so well with that MFT sketch!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful CAS design. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing it with us Dies R Us Challenge Blog, Rosemary.
Kathy
DRU DT

HJ said...

Both of these cards are beautiful, Rosemary. I love the Bountiful die sentiment with the twig wreath. I also love the pretty Christmas card as well. Beautiful cards to cover Fall/Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanks for the inspiration. Enjoy your day!

Nancy R. said...

Your soft and elegant snowflake card caught my eye in the MFT Sketch gallery. So pretty! Your fall wreath card is beautiful too!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow do I ever love both of your beautiful cards! The first is amazing and oozing with autumn prettiness. The second is CAS perfection!

Nancy said...

Beautiful cards!

Marcia Hill said...

Two absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards! Your wreath card came out so lovely...love the blending of colors on your leaves! And your CAS snowflake card is STUNNING...love it!! :0)

Renee said...

2 gorgeous cards!!
Love your take on the MIM...
and that simply perfect snowflake...
swoon!

Carmela said...

Gorgeous fall card! Love the design and your leaves.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Rosemary--2 incredibly wonderful cards! Your MIM card is just stunning! Love the embellishments & now I need to case your card, but I don't have that printed paper! Can't take my eyes off the snowflake card--absolutely love everything about it!

Helen F. said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Rosemary! That wreath stamp and the twine wrapping with the Fall leaves is lovely!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Rosemary- just love the twig wreath & the yummy snowflake. Great takes on the sketches!!

Darlene said...

Simply beautiful Rosemary! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Fall’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Unknown said...

Couldn't be better! Love it!!

Marybeth said...

Rosemary these are both gorgeous and as elegant as can be! So very pretty!

Gingin said...

Beautiful card Rosemary! Love that wreath and the sentiment embossed on vellum. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

TK said...

Delicious! Your first card is just stunning, love bold colors and that delicate wreath! The second card is so serenely calming and beautiful!

Dawn Boswell Burke said...

I really enjoyed your cards in a 2013 issue of take 10!

Kathy Mc said...

Two gorgeous cards, Rosemary! Love the leaves with the wreath and twine tails hanging down.

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Stunning and elegant. Your card stood out in the gallery for me. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn xx

LeAnne said...

What gorgeous creations! That fall wreath is stunning and the snowflake card is simple and classic! Thanks for playing along with our Stamp Ink Paper challenge this week!

Anita in France said...

Gosh, your autumn wreath is beautiful, Rosemary ... so texture and dimension ... and the snowflake ... be still my heart ... shimmery, delicate, perfect! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Congrats on the shout out at DRU!

Martha said...

Rosemary, I love these two beauties!