"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Christmas cards!!

Hey!!   Hope your week is going well.  I have two Christmas cards to share that use lots of fun AJVD products.  First up is a card for the current Merry Monday Christmas challenge and Freshly Made Sketches.   The challenge at Merry Monday is to use kraft and red.  I used red glitter cardstock and red foil cardstock to create my poinsettia using AJVD Poinsettia dies.  I brought in the kraft part of the challenge by die cutting a panel of kraft cardstock with an AJVD Stitched Dot rectangle die and then die cutting one corner using an Elegant Stitched Dot border die.  The panel was then stamped with kraft ink using the AJVD Dainty Dot Background stamp.   I die cut the word greetings from the Poinsettia Greetings die set and adhered that to the panel.   Now here is where I made a mistake.  I attached my panel to the cardstock base per the sketch (which I flipped on it's side and turned into a rectangle) and then added my poinsettia.  At that point I realized I had not stamped the word season's... YIKES!!  Thankfully I had put enough foam dimensionals on the back to make it sturdy enough to stamp the word!!


The second card is for the current Inspired by All the Little Things challenge.  I have been trying to play along with their challenges over the last few weeks, but always run out of time.  I was determined that I would get something made for this week's challenge as I absolutely loved the inspiration photo.  I die cut my pine branches using a newly released AJVD die set from a dark green cardstock and layered them on a black cardstock base.  The sentiment was stamped in white ink.  I stamped the Christmas stocking in VersaFine Onyx Black ink and then colored it with Kuretake Gansi Tambi watercolors.  Once it was dry I trimmed it out.  A snowflake was die cut and adhered to the pine branches along with the stocking.  Love how this one turned out and now I have two more Christmas cards made!!


Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Pinefeather, True Black and kraft; Stampin Up! Real Red; Ranger watercolor paper, Stampin Up! red glitter; red foil; Stamps and dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  VersaFine, Simon Says Stamp white pigment, Stampin Up! Crumb Cake and Real Red; Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors

14 comments:

Darnell said...

These are both really pretty, Rosemary! I love your take on the sketch and am so glad you were able to stamp the word!! And your sweet Christmas stocking on that black base really pops! Especially with the greenery and snowflake tucked behind!! Thank you for playing at Inspired By All the Little Things!! Hugs, Darnell

Linda said...

Gorgeous poinsettia, Rosemary. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Greta said...

They're both great, Rosemary, but oh my goodness--how I love your poinsettia! Brilliant idea to alternate the foil & glitter papers!

Leigh Penner said...

These are wonderful!

Colleen said...

Fabulous cards, Rosemary! Your poinsettia is so striking with alternating the papers! And wonderful take on the inspiration photo for Inspired by...Love your stocking with the big bow! Beautiful! Thank you for playing along this week with us at Inspired by!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous layered poinsettia, Rosemary!! Perfect with the embossed kraft layer! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday!! Darling stocking card too!!

LauraJane:) said...

Love the texture from the greenery:)) Thanks for joining the fun at Inspired By All the Little Things!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inspired By All The Little Things!

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful and elegant poinsettia card, my goodness! Your stocking card is delightful! I like the sprigs of pine!

TK said...

Your poinsettia is just beautiful, I love that you used both foil and glitter papers!

Anita in France said...

Gosh, the dimension and shimmer on that poinsettia are fabulous, Rosemary ... phew that you managed to stamp the secondary sentiment well on top of foam dots ... love it when that works out! What a delicious Christmas stocking ... so beautifully dressed with the pine branches and snowflake! Hugs, Anita :)

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! What a fabulous shimmering poinsettia ! Love that mixe of red and kraft ! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

Truly stunning - so many details that make this extra special! (I think I might have chosen to leave off the "season's" at that point because that would absolutely be the time I'd drop a stamp or only part of it would stamp!) Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.