"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, November 5, 2017

grateful...

Hey there!!  Popping in with a card for the current Essentials by Ellen Mix it Up challenge.  This month we get to mix up our EE products with MFT products... YAY!!  I have been wanting to ink up the MFT mini stamp set grateful ever since I got it (about a month ago!!).   I knew it would work well with the EE Mondo Hydrangea since both are rather large.  I stamped the hydrangea on watercolor paper with watermark ink and then heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  Once that was done I watercolored the hydrangea with my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors.  I stamped the little single flower three times, heat embossed in gold and watercolored them.  When they were dry I die cut them with the matching die.  I stamped the word on vellum and heat embossed it in gold then trimmed it out.  The little for you is part of a sentiment that is found in the MFT Geometric Leaves stamp set.  That was embossed in white and trimmed down.  I layered everything up and adhered to a kraft cardstock base that I wrapped with a bit of gold twine.   My layout is based on the current CTS sketch so I will be adding this to their gallery, as well.



Hope you have a wonderful day!  We are having rain mixed with snow so a perfect day to stay inside and craft!!

Supplies:  Cardstock: PTI kraft and vellum, Ranger watercolor cardstock; Stamps:  My Favorite Things and Essentials by Ellen; Dies:  Essentials by Ellen; Ink:  VersaMark watermark ink; Embossing powder:  Ranger gold, Hero Arts white; Twine:  Stampin Up!; Watercolors:  Kuretake



9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Rosemary! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

Cindy Beach said...

Rain and snow??? Glad you're staying cozy and warm! I'm wearing my sandals here in NC.
This is just beautiful, I love the colors you chose and the gold embossing. Great take on the sketch.

Greta said...

Absolute winner, Rosemary! Can't take my eyes off this beauty! As always, you show that you are one of the top designers!

TK said...

Gorgeous! Your hydrangea and leaf embossed in the gold, plus that big bold stunning gold sentiment -- superb!

Lagene said...

Beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Holy guacamole!!! This is gorgeous Rosemary, just gorgeous!!

Anita in France said...

Bold and beautiful, Rosemary, with a touch of soft elegant in the sentiment ... gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Rosemary the Mondo Hydrangea [and ALL of those Mondo marvels] are among my favorite of Ellen's Essentials... it is perfection for Leigh's Sketch...thanks for planting it in our CTS gallery!
=]

Martha said...

WOW...WOW... this is another BEAUTY!
Rosemary, your creations are always SO beautifully designed.
I love this card!