"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, November 12, 2017

celebrate...

Hey there!!!  I  have another card for the current Essentials by Ellen Mix It Up challenge.  I used current MFT sketch so I will be posting it there, as well.  This time I combined the EE Mondo Peony stamp set with MFT's celebrate die and a sentiment from the All Smiles stamp set.   I stamped the peony and the leaves on watercolor paper with VersaFine Smoky Gray and then watercolored everything with my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors.  I found some MFT plaid paper that had a bit of the color I used for the flower running through it and trimmed it to fit my card front.  I then trimmed down some MFT Sweet Tooth cardstock and adhered it with foam dimensionals to the card front.  I die cut the word celebrate from more Sweet Tooth three times, adhered them together and adhered to the plaid portion of the card front.  The sentiment was embossed in white on vellum and adhered to the word.



Have a wonderful day!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  MFT, Ranger (watercolor) and PTI (vellum); Patterned paper:  MFT:  Stamps:  Essentials by Ellen and MFT; Dies:  MFT; Embossing powder:  Hero Arts; Inks:  VersaFine and VersaMark; Watercolor medium:  Kuretake

5 comments:

Greta said...

Love how you used the sketch, Rosemary--gorgeous watercoloring!

Lisa Elton said...

That big beautiful bloom is fabulous Rosemary! I like the plaid and what you've done with the sentiment. The vellum over the large die cut word is a great idea. I need to remember that one!!

Anita in France said...

What a lovely bold bloom, Rosemary ... a fabulous contrast with the softness of the vellum sentiment strip! Hugs, Anita :)

Lori said...

Such a pretty flower and I love that bottom combination of plaid, white die cut word and vellum!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning peony, Rosemary! Just love how it fills the upper part of the card and it looks great on that plaid!!