"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, November 13, 2017

two wreaths...

Hey there!!  I have two cards to share today and both have wreaths on them.  First up is a card for the November Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge of Christmas.  I have had the beautiful C9 Magnolia Wreath stamp and die set for about a month and have been dying to make something with it and the new challenge was perfect chance.  Since this was my first time using the set I kept things pretty simple to get a feel for how the images work together.  I used Memento Pistachio and Stampin Up! Always Artichoke inks for the wreath and then added in the berries with SU!'s Real Red.  The banner was also stamped in Real Red and then trimmed out.  The wreath was die cut with the matching die.  I stamped the pine border from the C9 Seasonal Borders stamp set in kraft on the bottom of my kraft cardstock base for a subtle tone on tone look.  The red cardstock panel was partially embossed with SU!'s Decorative Dots embossing folder and then I added the wreath and banner.   Can't wait to use this stamp set again!


Card number two is for the current Inspired by All the Little Things, as well as the November Sketch for You to Try.  I got seriously sparkly with this card, lol!!  I'm also going to add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of snow white.  Lots of RC die cuts used on this one.  I managed to incorporate the tree portions of the Inspired by All the Little Things inspiration photo by using a piece of patterned paper from the RC Very Merry paper pad.   I die cut the RC wreath from silver glitter cardstock and then used two of the little dies that come with the wreath to die cut the little white pine branches.  Once those were adhered I added "berries" using the Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Confetti mix.  I layered up the glitter cardstock, vellum strip and the white tag then added the wreath.  The sentiment from the RC Tinsel 'n Trim stamp set was embossed in white on a banner that was die cut with the banner from the RC Tag Me die set.  Finished by adding a bit of white twine.


Hope you have a wonderful day!!  We are having some crazy wild weather today... super strong winds... not my favorite!

Supplies:  Card #1:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft, SU! Real Red; white; Stamps and dies:  Concord & 9th; Inks:  SU! Crumb Cake, Real Red, Always Artichoke, Memento Pistachio; SU! embossing folder

Card #2:  Cardstock: MFT white, MFT silver glitter, PTI vellum; Patterned paper:  Reverse Confetti; Stamps and dies:  Reverse Confetti; Ink:  VersaMark; Embossing powder: Hero Arts; Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Confetti mix

13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I haven't seen this magnolia wreath before, it's so pretty! You've used the perfect colors on it too and I like the pop from the berries. Your second card is swoon worthy, my goodness! Love the sparkle! Incredible work as always Rosemary!!

Greta said...

I'm always drawn to wreaths & had to sit on my hands not to order that one by C&9 when I first saw it! You've made magic with it, Rosemary--lovely card! The glittery white card is a stunner! Once again you've shown your incredible talent which I always love seeing!

Leigh Penner said...

These are both beautiful, Rosemary!

Nancy G said...

Lovely cards!

Carol H. said...

Very pretty cards! Love your sparkly wreath!!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful work, Rosemary!! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Snow White” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

TK said...

Two wonderful cards, but your second just screams to me! Love it!

Tara Godfrey said...

Beautiful cards, Rosemary! I really love your RC card and all the Confetti Cuts you used...the sentiment is perfect too!
Hugs,t

Anita in France said...

Those sage-y greens are gorgeous against the vibrant red, Rosemary ... and what a fabulous, shimmery, sparkly little layered number, deliciously fresh and frosty! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday! Hugs, Anita :)

Cris G. said...

Oh, these are two fabulous cards!!!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE all the many layers/shades of white :) Thanks for playing with us at Inspired By!

Wanda Cullen said...

These are both gorgeous cards, but I'm really loving the white on white! I will have to try that wreath in white sometime soon! Thanks for playing along with us at Inspired By.

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful wreath cards - both so different but both so beautiful!