"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, November 24, 2017

many thanks...

Hey!!  Hope everyone in the US had a wonderful Thanksgiving day!  Popping in with a card for the current Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge, as well as the EE anniversary challenge to use your favorite EE stamp set.  For my card I used my favorite EE stamp set Mondo Hydrangea.   I really love that gorgeous big hydrangea in the set, but for this card I used only the leaf.  When I saw the pin-sights inspiration photo my eye was immediately drawn to the photo of the leaves in various different shades.   To create my variegated leaves I stamped the leaf multiple times on watercolor cardstock using VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink and then began watercoloring them with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors.  In order to get the variation that I wanted I would color a leaf in one color then move on to the next leaf and so on.  As each leaf dried I would add more color and let it dry again.  It was a bit labor intensive, but I love how each leaf turned out.  Once they were mostly dry I die cut them with the matching die and then shaped the leaves so they would have some depth.   I did a wash of color in teal on a panel of watercolor cardstock and then die cut it once it was dry.  The sentiment is from the EE Fancy Thanks stamp set.  I did a few tests runs to make sure that I got the word many placed as close to the thanks as I could.  Once I had it set I stamped it on the panel with Vintage Sepia and then added the leaves.  To jazz things up a bit I added the twine bow and Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins in 3 sizes.
I think I will also add this to the current SIP challenge of thankful, grateful, blessed.  I'm adding this to the new Time Out challenge to be inspired by words.   See the beautiful quote below.


Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS fog, Ranger watercolor; Stamps: Essentials by Ellen; Dies:  Essentials by Ellen and AJVD; Ink:  VersaFine; Watercolor medium:  Kuretake Gansai Tambi; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh; Recollections twine

15 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Greta said...

Oh wow--thought I liked my card, but this is absolutely drop dead gorgeous, my friend! Winner, winner, winner! I would never be able to send this to anyone--just frame it!

Julie S said...

This is really beautiful. I spotted your card on Ellen Hutson's challenge page. Those leaves are incredible.

Anita in France said...

Wow, Rosemary, those beautifully coloured and shaped leaves are gorgeous ... what a fabulous autumn cascade! So happy to have you playing along with us at Time Out with this beauty! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

My goodness, Rosemary- what a stunning bunch of leaves! Perfect use of all those colors!!

Lisa Elton said...

Swoon!!! The colors of your leaves are beautiful Rosemary!! This is an incredible card!

maria f. said...

GOR. GEE. US.

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary! Seriously you had me with purple.... such a fun color to add to your leaves! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

Jenny Hall said...

Gorgeous creation, Rosemary! Thanks for joining us this week at the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge

Joyce said...

What a fun idea to use only the leaves. I love how you turned them into a beautiful bouquet. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous Rosi, I love the leaves!

Gerrina said...

Gorgeous colours on your leaves and a great grungy-looking background! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

donna mikasa said...

I would never have thought to focus on the hydrangea's leaves! Such a brilliant idea and so beautifully done!

Martha said...

Rosemary, WOW... this is simply BEAUTIFUL. I love the pretty colors on the gorgeous leaves & the fabulous design. Beautifully done!

sandie said...

Congrats for getting HM at Time Out Challenges