"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, October 14, 2018

a couple simple cards...

Hey there!  Found some time to create a couple of simple cards for several challenges.   First up is a card for the current CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.  For this card I used the dies from the Spellbinders September small dies kit as well as a die from the August small dies kit.   The papers I used are from an older My Mind's Eye paper pad called Happy Haunting.  I cut one of the papers to fit the front of my card.   The ornate label (from the August small dies kit) was die cut from coordinating paper as was the circle.   I trimmed a strip of paper so that the spider was on one end and then matted that piece with some black glitter cardstock from Lawn Fawn.  The sentiment (from the AJVD Witch & Famous stamp set) was stamped and then  I adhered the label to the main panel.   The strip was adhered along with the orange circle.  The cat and bats were die cut from the black glitter cardstock and adhered to the card as shown.  I'm not huge on Halloween, but I really like how this card turned out.


The next card is for this month's Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash challenge of Thanksgiving or Friendship.  I went with the friendship theme and used the older RC stamp set called Love Blooms.  I'm also adding this to Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown as I used the layout and colors from those two challenges for the card.   The wreath (RC Wreath Confetti Cut) was die cut from dark brown cardstock three times.  When I made the last cut all the little interior pieces remained in the wreath and so I left it that way.  The two other wreaths were then adhered on top.  I stamped the outline of the flowers using orange, rust and yellow inks and then did second generation stamping for the solid stamping of the flowers.  The flowers were die cut and adhered to the wreath.  I arranged the wreath on my die cut kraft cardstock piece, placed the sentiment in the center of the wreath and then removed the wreath so I could do the stamping.  Adhered the wreath when that was done, adhered the panel to my card base and then added Stardust Stickles to the center of the flowers and along the wreath.





Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  kraft, off white, fine linen, dark brown (PTI), black glitter (Lawn Fawn), light gray (SSS); Stamps:  Reverse Confetti and A Jillian Vance Design; Dies:  Spellbinders, Reverse Confetti and A Jillian Vance Design; Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye; Inks:  VersaMark CLAIR Nocturne, SU! Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Catherine Pooler Icing on the Cake, CTMH Autumn Terracotta; Star Dust stickles

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love what you've done with both sketches Rosemary, these are marvelous!!

Viv said...

Great cards here Rosie,love the colour choices and great dies on the 1st one. Such pretty colours and flowers on the 2nd one too ;) hugs Viv xx

Cécile RIBON said...

I love so much this pretty floral wreath. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

Such a gorgeous pair of cards! I love the details on the Halloween card - and you've created such a sweet wreath. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Greta said...

Cute halloween card & I love how you used that fabulous wreath, Rosemary!

Anita in France said...

What a cool and cute halloween card, Rosemary ... the shimmery bat and cat silhouettes add so much to it's spookiness! Lovely wreath, rich, glimmery and wonderfully autumnal! Hugs, Anita :)

Jeanne J. said...

Oh I love the way you die cut the fancy wreath on the second card and the rich color peeking from underneath and those pretty flowers! Beautiful!