"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

so very thankful...

Hey there!  I hope you have been having a good week.  I'm popping in with a card for a couple of challenges:  The Paper Players and Where Creativity Meets C9.  I didn't get around to playing along with WCMC9's challenge last month.  It is funny how I always think I have so much time to play along and then suddenly the 29th of the month is right around the corner!  But this time I got a jump on things because I already had one of the elements on my card already done.    A few weeks ago I had been playing around with alcohol inks and one of the pieces I created I wasn't wild about so I decided to die cut it with the large leaf die from the C9 Thankful Leaves die set.   I liked it much better that way, but didn't make anything with it at the time.    After completing some design team projects and a couple other cards I decided that I wanted to make another card with the Thankful Leaves Turnabout set and that leaf I had die cut.  The WCMC9 challenge to layer was the perfect opportunity.  There is lots of layering going on with this card... layering of die cuts, images, ink, lol! And the theme at the Paper Players is trees and leaves... another perfect opportunity!  So I started by stamping the turnabout image on off white cardstock using two inks... Stampin Up!'s Crumb Cake and River Rock.  I then cut apart the large leaf die and die cut the leaf from some pumpkin color glitter cardstock and adhered the two leaves together.  The leaf was laid on the stamped panel so I could determine placement of the sentiment, removed and the sentiment stamped with VersaFine CLAIR Acorn ink.   The panel was die cut with a rectangle die and adhered to a River Rock card base.  I then adhered the leaf and twine bow.  



Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI rustic white, SU! River Rock, Lawn Fawn glitter; Stamps: Concord & 9th; Dies:  Concord & 9th and AJVD; Inks:  Stampin Up! and VersaFine CLAIR; Twine:  Recollections

8 comments:

Betty said...

love your card, Rosemary - the soft colors for the background are perfect for the gorgeous leaf!

Anita in France said...

A delicious leafy background, Rosemary ... and what an awesome, shimmery showcase leaf ... the soft autumn colours complement the glitteriness beautifully! Hugs, Anita :)

Jan Clothier said...

Wow! As glorious as that layered, die cut central leaf is, to me the star is that lovely soft stamped background. Of course, together they are totally fabulous! Love it! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

Lisa Elton said...

I like the background and the sparkle peeking out from the fabulous big leaf! Pretty card Rosemary!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A fabulous collection of leaves - your subtle leafy background adds beautiful interest behind that showcase glittery, fall leaf. Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Rosemary, you card id beautiful and I love all of the gorgeous details. Thanks for joining us the week at The Paper Players!

Lea Lawson said...

This is gorgeous! Love the beautiful leaf!

Greta said...

Oh wow--love every element of this card, Rosemary! The AI piece made for a gorgeous leaf die cut & that turn about stamping is wonderful in those colors! Finally starting to catch up on leaving comments.