"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, October 25, 2018

October PTI Blog Hop

Hey there!!  Today is the 25th and that means it is time for PTI's monthly blog hop.  I didn't think I was going to get something made for the blog hop as I have been working on other things, but this morning after I dropped my kiddo off at school I remembered that about a year ago I got a bee in my bonnet and decided to die cut all the pieces in the Make It Market Color Pop: Autumn mini kit.  Once I had everything die cut (and that took awhile, lol!) I decided to create some card fronts with them.  I'm glad that I remembered I had those ready made card fronts because once I found then I was able to put
together my card very quickly by simply pulling out one that had colors similar to those in the inspiration photo, added my sentiment (from the Bigger Blooms stamp set) and adhere the piece to a Weathervane cardstock.   I didn't focus on the obvious colors of the pumpkins, but decided to pull out colors that aren't so obvious like the red berries and the greens, blues and greys in the photo.  So now I have another birthday card that will work perfectly for a guy.  Yay for quick and easy cardmaking!


Hope you have a wonderful day and happy hopping!

Supplies:  All supplies from PaperTrey ink except ink (VersaFine CLAIR Acorn) and rectangle die: A Jillian Vance Design

12 comments:

Dana Kirby said...

Your card is Gorgeous!! I love the colors you used!!

Marcia Hill said...

Yay for a quick card Rosemary!! Don't you just love it when they come together so quickly and are fabulous to boot?! Love all the colors you pulled out of the inspiration card and definitely useable for a masculine card...love it!! :0)

Vikki H said...

A stylish looking card (can't be pretty for a fella, right?)! This kit provided you perfect elements!

Nancy G said...

OOH pretty card! It looks so soft!

Karen said...

Great idea to go to the Color Pops Autumns kit. I never thought of it; lovely card!

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful mix of colors on your pretty stamped die cuts!

Greta said...

What a neat card, Rosemary! Love the colors, images & card design!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the clusters of prettiness framing your sentiment! This is wonderful Rosemary!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the colors on your card!

Helen F. said...

Fabulous Fall card, Rosemary! Love the design and color scheme of your birthday blooms, leaves and sweet acorns. :-)

Kathy Mc said...

Rosemary, quick and easy worked well for you on this card. Sometimes I think I can make something in a hurry but just never works out. I thought, too, that one of these days I need to take time to die-cut images in advance to have them at the ready for layering. Great work!

Anita in France said...

Love how you picked out the non-pumpkin elements and colours, Rosemary ... this is just such a lovely design! To my eyes, it'd be equally great for a girl as well as a guy! Hugs, Anita :)