"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, October 18, 2018

spread your wings..

Hey there!  Popping in with a card for a few challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches, Color Throwdown and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (animal antics).   I have several My Monthly Hero kits I have hardly touched since receiving them and I decided that I needed to remedy that situation so I pulled out the stamps and dies from the  February 2018 kit along with an add-on stamp set that I purchased at the same time to create my card.  Originally I was going to use the feather stamps and dies, but decided instead to use the fun birds nest die along with one of the silhouette bird images from the set.  I die cut the bird's nest from kraft cardstock and then popped up the little leaves in the nest.  I stamped the bird using a medium green ink and then the little branch using a darker green ink.  Both were die cut with their respective dies and then all the pieces adhered together.   The bird/nest piece was placed on a die cut piece of white cardstock so I could determine where to place the sentiment and then removed so the sentiment could be stamped in kraft colored ink.  The sentiment is from the add-on stamp set.  The whole piece was then popped up on the panel with foam tape per the layout from Freshly Made Sketches.   A super clean and simple design.


Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft, MFT white; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Dies:  Hero Arts and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Stampin Up!

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely take on the sketch Rosemary! This is a wonderful CAS card!

Greta said...

Sweet card, Rosemary! Love your use of the color combo & sketch!

LeAnne said...

SO sweet!

Anita in France said...

Sweet images, Rosemary, so beautifully composed ... deliciously CAS! Hugs, Anita :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous! I love how you've used the sketch to create your sweet little scene. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Broni said...

Super pretty card!! Thanks for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

debby4000 said...

Love how you incorporated the colour scheme and such a sweet image.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby