"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, October 5, 2018

happy birthday leaves...

Hello!  Hope you are having a great day!  I'm popping in with a card that I made for a couple of challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.   I haven't played along with Color Throwdown in weeks and that made me sad so this week I found the time to play along... YAY!   A few months ago I purchased a stamping tool that will allow me to create cards using Concord & 9th's fun turnabout stamp set.   Once I had the tool in hand I promptly purchased the Concord & 9th Thankful Leaves Turnabout stamp and die set and used the set for my card.  Since there are only three colors in the CTD palette I used a very light gray (Simon Says Stamp Fog) to fill in the spots left after I had stamped the three colors.   I love the way the light gray stamping filled in the spots but still stayed in the background.   Once that stamping was done I trimmed the piece in two so now I have one more panel to use to make another card!   The sentiment is from the C9 Happy Day stamp set and was stamped in the three colors on a thin strip of cardstock that was then backed with a strip of silver glitter cardstock.  The strip was adhered to a light gray cardstock base (SSS Fog) and then the stamped panel was adhered using foam dimensionals.  Love the clean and simple look of this card.



Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  MFT white, SSS Fog; MFT silver glitter; Stamps and dies:  Concord & 9th; Inks:  Stampin Up! and Simon Says Stamp

12 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card! I love those leaves and love the colours you've used! Very elegant looking! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness do I ever love what you've designed with the colors and the sketch! This is extra pretty Rosemary. And that little strip of sparkles this icing on the cake!

Greta said...

I adore everything about this card, Rosemary! Now I'm determined to use my Turnabout
stamps!

Viv said...

So clean and CAS looking Rosie, love the design and colour combo too ;) Viv xx

bristowmom said...

I love your card, and wanted you to know that I copied it. I put my version on my blog but gave you credit. I'm not entering contests, just copying cards I like. And I think maybe 2 people read my blog, so I'm not profiting from your work. If you want to be sure I'm legit, the blog is www.falalacards.blogspot.com.

My Paper Cat said...

Lovely elegant card. Love the colour of the cardstock that you used as a base. Thank you for playing at Color Throw Down this week, good luck.

Anonymous said...

Soft and serene, with beautiful florals! I love how you combined these challenges!

Anonymous said...

PS...and by florals, I meant fall foliage :0!!!

Broni said...

This is beauiful!! Love how you used the colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so pretty! The leaves are lovely and I adore the blue! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Sweet Paper Bliss said...

Beuatiful card and Congratulations on being picked over at FMS.

Anita in France said...

I'm catching up with a meander through all your fabulous recent cards, Rosemary, finishing with this cool, crisp and deliciously autumnal delight ... love the balance between the solid and outline leaves! Hugs, Anita :)