"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 8, 2021

birthday tulips...

 Hello!  Hope you have a good week so far.  I'm popping in with a card for a few challenges:  The Paper Players, Color Throwdown and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  I have been trying to make a card using this tulip image from Simon Says Stamp for about two weeks!  I started out trying to make it for the Inspired By challenge, but only got as far as coloring two tulip images using Copic markers.  The two colored images sat on my desk until earlier this week when I finally sat down and colored a third image and made the card using the Color Throwdown colors.   I had already colored one tulip image in pink and the other in yellow.  I decided to color the third in yellow, as well.  The background piece was cut from kraft cardstock using a Spellbinders essential rectangle die and then embossed using one of my favorite embossing folders called swiss dot.  I reversed the embossing so that the actual raised embossing is on the backside of the rectangle.  I arranged my tulips in a bouquet of sorts and adhere it to the panel.  I then trimmed down some striped vellum that I have, centered the sentiment on the strip and heat embossed it using cream colored embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp.  The strip was wrapped around the panel and secured in the back.  I then adhered the panel to an off white cardstsock base.  I thought the card needed a little more pink so I added sequins in two shades of pink.  




Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

13 comments:

Lori said...

This is fabulous! Love the vibrant flowers against the textured kraft background. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Debbie Crowley said...

What a beautiful display of Spring flowers, Rosemary. You used the Swiss Dot Embossing Folder brilliantly! The colors are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

Lisa Elton said...

I recognized this for the IB challenge right away! So glad you finished it, it's beautiful!

LeAnne said...

These tulips are gorgeous! They look like they could pop off the page! The way you used the embossing folder is very cool too, great idea! Thanks for sharing this spring beauty with us at the Paper Players!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How very beautiful Rosemary, love the Kraft card die, the tulips are so beautiful, love the colours and layering.
Faith x

Nancy said...

This is a stunning card, Rosemary! The striped vellum was a brilliant idea, it almost looks like it is two pieces on top of each other, which is a really good idea too. Such a stand-out this week at The Paper Players! Thanks for linking up with us.

Jaydee said...

fabulous card. Tulips are some of my favorite flowers and I love them paired with that reverse polka dot embossing and the vellum sentiment adds a wonderful touch of softness. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What beautiful tulips Rosemary! I love the embossed neutral background and vellum sentiment overlay too. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous tulips, Rosemary, and I love the reversed embossed dot background!!

Susie Moore said...

Another gorgeous card. I love seeing your creations every week! Thanks for playing along with us again at Color Throwdown this week!

Greta said...

Looks like a winner to me, Rosemary! Gorgeous coloring & love the dotted kraft background!

Greta said...

Congrats on the shout out at Color Throwdown!

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous bouquet, Rosemary ... those tulips are so beautifully arranged and coloured ... and are fabulous against the polka dot background texture! Hugs, Anita :)