"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Umbrellas and a Sunflower...

 Hello!  Hope you are having a good week!  So far so good in my corner of the world.  Today I popping in to share two cards that I created with new stamps from the Spellbinders Cardmaker Stamp Collection.  First up is a card I made using a really cute stamp set called Cute Boots.    The main image in the set features a little girl out for a walk in the rain.  I was going to use that stamp for my card but decided to go a little bit outside my comfort zone and create a card using one of the other images... a closed up umbrella.  After trying out different ways to use the umbrella I finally hit on the design of my card.  Then I decided to color the umbrella in rainbow order:   red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.  In order to make the layout look right I had two extra umbrellas that got colored in red and orange.  I stamped the umbrellas in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored them with Copic markers using one color for each umbrella.   I added in rain in the background using an image from the set and a very light gray ink.  The sentiment was then stamped in VersaFine Clair Nocturne.  I die cut the panel with a Spellbinders Essential Rectangle die, adhered it to my light gray cardstock base (Silver Fox from Spellbinders) and then added clear sequins.  I'm going to add this card to the Day of the Month Card Club challenge of find a rainbow day.


So there you have it... umbrellas falling from the sky like confetti, lol!

The second card features the Hello Sunflower stamp set from the same collection.  I also went outside my comfort zone with this card and created a bold and graphic design using the colors from Color Throwdown.  I used a patterned paper that had a yellow ombre look to it and die cut my panel using a die from the Essentials Rectangle die set.  I stamped the large sunflower on the panel using Catherine Pooler Orange Twist ink.  I then stamped the sentiment using VersaFine Clair Acorn ink.   I die cut red cardstock with the largest die from the Essential Rectangle set and then adhered the smaller one to that.  I added a few brown sequins to the center of the flower to finish things off.   



Before you go I wanted to let you know that Spellbinders is having a huge spring warehouse sale.  Just click on the banner below or the link in my sidebar to head to the sale.  Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

That is such a cute umbrella! I like your rainbow colors and sequins sprinkled about. And that sunflower, wow, so pretty! The warm colors are wonderful!

papierelle said...

A beautiful idea to play with the rainbow colors. Glad you joined us at DotMCC. Gundi

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Both are stunning cards Rosemary, the umbrella card is quite unusual and I love the colours and the perfect sentiment. LOVE it. Your sunshiny card is gorgeous too.
Faith x

Greta said...

Wowzer, Rosemary--2 great cards! Love the rainbow of umbellas--so unique & fun! The sunflower card is perfect stamping on the ombre printed paper--love it!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fabulous cards, Rosemary! Especially love the rainbow colored umbrellas - so fun with the soft rain behind!! That flower looks amazing too atop the wide ombre stripes!!

TK said...

Perfectly fun in those bright and bold colors

Vickie Z said...

Both cards are sweet!! Love the bold card you created with the CTD colors!! So happy you joined us!!

Broni said...

Love both of these! Thanks for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown!

Anita in France said...

Those rainbow brollies are so cute and fun, Rosemary ... and how sunny and warm is that fabulous sunflower against the ombré yellow ... yum! Hugs, Anita :)

Vicky Hayes said...

Your rain bow of umbrellas is so pretty and such a hopeful message! Vicky x

Kate said...

Stunning cards! Had to come by for a closer look!