Hey there... hope you are having a great day! I have been playing around with alcohol inks the last few days and here two cards that I created using the resulting backgrounds. First up is a card for the Altenew monthly challenge. Haven't played along with their monthly challenge in awhile, but I really liked the colors so I decided to create a card. Earlier in the week I received the Paint A Flower Coral Sunset and so I used that set for my card. I created the background using purple, blue and green alcohol inks. Once I had the mix and look I was going for I added little bits of silver foiling to the areas where the alcohol inks were a little thick and sticky. You can sort of see the silver in the card, but it looks really pretty in real life. I then stamped the image over my background with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink, applied clear embossing powder and heat set. I die cut the piece down and adhered it to a cardstock base. The sentiment is from Altenew's Label Love stamp set... and oldie, but goodie! I brought in a little bit more silver with some silver sequins. Going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to make a birthday card. My colors are a bit more intense, but I love how the background turned out!
The second card is for the Pinkfresh Studio monthly challenge. For this background I used a pink alcohol ink and Gilded Alloy. This month the challenge is to have gold on your project. There are other colors provided to use, but to keep things simple I decided to go solely with pink and the Gilded Alloy. I created the background and then spent time deciding what I was going to do with it! At first I was going to stamp on it, but then decided that I didn't want to do that because I didn't know what ink to use! So I decided to cut the piece with my PF Fancy Oval Frame die. The Yupo paper I used is heavy weight and did not cut well so I ended up not using the frame, but simply the interior oval. I learned that I do not like using the heavy weight Yupo as it is hard to die cut so I won't be buying that in the future. I die cut the frame again from textured gold cardstock, twice more from thin white cardstock and adhered them together with spray adhesive. The frame was adhered to an off white cardstock panel and then I popped up the alcohol ink oval with foam dimensionals. The floral image is from the Choose Hope stamp set and I embossed that in gold on vellum then die cut it with the matching die. I adhered that to the frame hiding the glue by applying it behind the embossing. I die cut additional leaves using one of the dies from the Curvy Leaves die set and adhered those at the top of the card. The sentiment is from the stamp set and boy did that give me problems! I stamped and embossed the Hoping fine and then trimmed it out. I adhered it with glue, but wasn't really thrilled with how it looked. I stamped the "your birthday is wonderful" sentiment on cardstock and was going to heat emboss it, as well. When I applied the embossing powder it was a mess! At first I thought the stamp was flawed, then I realized that there was some residual photopolymer attached to it. I pulled that off and started over. Didn't like the sentiment on cardstock so I went with vellum and liked that much better. Finished off the card with some light pink sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. Going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, too, but will do so through Instagram.
Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!