"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

happiness...

Hey friends!!  Happy Wednesday!!  I have a post up on the AJVD blog.  If you want to check it out, please click here.   Back in February I got the PTI Color Pop Floral Make It Market mini kit (say that fast three times, lol!), but hadn't gotten around to using it.  When I saw this week's ColourQ combo I decided to pull out the kit and create a card.  Since one of the ColourQ colors this week is kraft I used one of the kraft cardstock sheets included in the kit.  The flowers were stenciled using Ranger Picked Raspberry and Festive Berries distress ink and then the flower centers were added using the same ink with the stamps.  I don't own a ton of stencils, but I can say that the PTI stencils that came with the kit are very sturdy and I really like that.  Some stencils can be a bit well... flimsy and hard to keep in place.  The leaves were stenciled using Stampin Up! Coastal Cabana and then the centers stamped with the same ink.  I really like how the stenciling turned out.   The sentiment came from another PTI Make It Market mini kit... Garden Gild.  I stamped the large word happiness and then added the smaller sentiments around it.   Once everything was done I die cut the panel using an A Jillian Vance Design Rectangle Backdrop die (the largest one) and then simply adhered it to my card base.  Since this is a spring like card I think I will also add it to the current ChouxChoux Paper Art challenge which is Easter/Spring. 







Thanks for stopping by today...

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh Rosemary do I ever love this card! A wonderful design and pretty flowers. This is awesome!!

Greta said...

Lovely card, Rosemary--wonderful way to incorporate the colors & great design!

Michelle said...

Love this beautiful card Rosemary! Pretty flowers!!! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ!

Lori said...

Oh, what a lovely card - gorgeous flowers! You did an awesome job with those colors. So glad you linked it to my Easter/Spring Challenge!

Karren said...

This is just gorgeous! The thin white frame really draws the eye to those beautiful flowers.

Maria said...

Beautiful card with the pretty flowers!

Lisa Lara said...

This is stunning Rosi.

Petra Swart said...

Love those pretty flowers that you have stenciled and stamped so beautifully, Rosemary - the colours are really lovely and look great against the kraft base!!!!! I like the sentiment stamp you have used and the thin white frames on the outside!!! Beautiful!!!!!
Hugz

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a darling card. I love the pretty colors.

Lisa Elton said...

Forgot to thank you for joining us at ColourQ with this beautiful card!!