"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, March 31, 2016

pretty fantastic...

Hey friends!!  Popping in with a simple card that I made using some shiny new Verve that came in the mail the other day.  The newest Verve release is gorgeous and I was finally able to get my hands on one of the new stamp sets and some of the new dies.   I used the stamp set (Simply Amazing) and one of the dies (fantastic from Amazing Adjectives) for this super simple design.  The colors are from the Verve March Diva Inspiration challenge and the layout is the current one from Freshly Made Sketches.  I think I will also add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.  I die cut the word from dark pink cardstock multiple times and then adhered them together.   The patterned papers used are from two different My Mind's Eye pads.   All the panels were die cut using my A Jillian Vance Design Polka Dot Rectangle and Rectangle backdrop dies. After I stamped the sentiment and got ready to adhered the word to the card front I discovered that the little dot for the "I" had disappeared!  I tried to find an enamel dot that would fit, but all of them were too large so I opted for a clear rhinestone.   The card is rather plain, but sometimes plain and simple is best.   You know... less is more!!   I'm also going to add this to the current Time Out challenge of inspired by words. This is the quote they used:   'A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water' by Eleanor Roosevelt 

Thanks for stopping by today...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, SU! Melon Mambo; DP:  My Mind's Eye; Stamps:  Verve; Dies:  Verve and A Jillian Vance Design; Ink:  Hero Arts black; clear rhinestone

17 comments:

Greta said...

What a perfect use of the sketch, Rosemary, & love how you incorporated the colors!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card Rosemary! That pop of bright pink is unexpected and FUN!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So fabulous! Love those diagonal stripes and the pop of pink! Thanks for joining us for the Diva Inspirations challenge!

sandie said...

You know I think Less is More! I love the CAS design and great idea to use the gem as the 'I'. Thanks for joining us at TO

Linda Callahan said...

I love the pop of pink on your card! Great colors and great CAS design! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Teresa Kline said...

so very pretty, luv the stripes! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp Wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card! Love the background stripes and the fun sentiment! Super cool colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this design, Rosemary, the stripes and colors are wonderful!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh how fun Rosi. I love that pink and font of the fantastic.

Shona Chambers said...

That 'fantastic' word die is brilliant and so perfect in hot pink. Love the colours you used and the simple graphic design. So happy you joined us at TIME OUT!!

Anita in France said...

Bold and beautifully graphic, Rosemary ... love the detail of that tiny gem as the dot on the 'i'! So delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

walchowDesign said...

Lovely blend of the three colours and love the pop of the pink!

Patti said...

What a great card! this one is sure to put a BIG smile on someone's face!

Patti

Brent Scheffer said...

The colors and pattern background layer really make the "fantastic" pop! Great card!

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is simply beautiful.
I love the design & the pretty colors.

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous take on the sketch and color combo, Rosemary! I love the diagonal stripes with the hot pink die cut sentiment! What a great sentiment this is, too!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love the blue and white stripes with the green and the sentiment in pink looks great, Rosemary!!!! And the little rhinestone on the i - just perfect!!! Love the sentiment!!! Beautiful!!!
Hugz