"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, March 3, 2016

you're my kind of peep...

Hey friends!!  Finally got a chance to make a card for a few challenges.   I recently got the Simon Says Stamp March card kit and so I pulled it out to make this fun card.  I'm going to be posting it to the following challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches, AAA Cards (embossing) and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (touchy feely).   Originally I die cut the little bunny peeps from some of the patterned paper in the kit, but then decided to use some of the felt I have had for several years now and never used!  I used black ink to add the little faces to my peeps once they were die cut.  That is the "touchy feely" element I added to the card.  The sentiment was stamped on the white cardstock strip using VersaMark watermark ink, black embossing powder applied and heat set.  I tried to get a close up of the sentiment in hopes that it would show the embossing, but it still just looks like I stamped the sentiment with black ink so you will just have to take my word for it...  After die cutting my panels from the dark pink cardstock and the patterned paper I layered everything up and then finished the card off with a few sequins.  Pretty cute don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Simon Says Stamp white and Doll Pink; Patterned paper:  Carta Bella Spring; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp My Kind of Peep; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design and Simon Says Stamp My Kind of Peep; Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark watermark ink; Embossing powder: Filigree Black Fine Detail; Sequins:  Lawn Fawn; Felt:  My Favorite Things

13 comments:

Shelly said...

Super cute!!

Lisa Lara said...

oh my goodness so CUTE Rosi. Love the little FELT bun buns. What awesome paper.

Karren said...

So so cute and definitely touchy-feely. I want to reach out and touch it from here :)

Lisa Elton said...

Well the is just delightful!! Love those sweet little bunnies!

Greta said...

Love the sweet printed paper & you know I adore felt! Super cute card, Rosemary!

Canonbury creations said...

What a cute Easter card Rosie, love the little felt bunnies!
Val x

Viv said...

Love this Rosie, what cute bunnies too ;) Viv xx

Justine Hovey said...

Cute card, I love the texture. Thanks for playing along at AAA Card Challenges!

Anita in France said...

How adorable, Rosemary ... those texture-y bunnies are so cute against that fun easter egg DP! Sweet! Hugs, Anita :)

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is soooooo cute, Rosemary!!!! Love your sweet little bunnies with their darling faces, against the fun easter egg paper and all is beautiful matted on the lovely dark pink!!! So sweet!!!!
Hugz

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh, this is just too cute! I love those bunnies and the Easter egg paper and the embellishments are perfect complements. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kim S said...

What cute little peeps!! I love them on the fun paper! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Justine Hovey said...

Cute colours and peeps! Very vibrant and bright! Thanks for playing along at AAA Card Challenge!