"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, March 27, 2016

dear friend...

Hey friends!!  Hope everyone had a nice Easter.  Popping in with a quick post of a card I made this morning.  I wanted to make something for the current Color Throwdown as the color combo this week is so beautiful!  I did a little bit of easy watercoloring with this one.  The stamp set I used is the Stampin Up! set Birthday Blooms.  I stamped it in VersaMark, applied gold embossing powder and then heat set it.  I used SU! Taken with Teal and Coastal Cabana reinkers to color up the flower.  Once it was dry I die cut it with an AJVD Polka Dot Rectangle backdrop die and then added the some additional interest with the little dots stamped in Taken with Teal and Coastal Cabana.  Another panel was die cut from MFT's brushed gold cardstock.  I used Taken with Teal cardstock for the card base.  I adhered the two panels to the card base and I was done.  Funny thing... I had not intended to place the gold panel at an angle on the card base, but somehow it happened! 
 
Thanks for stopping by today...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  SU! Taken with Teal, MFT brushed gold, Ranger Watercolor; Stamps:  Stampin Up!; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Hero Arts black, SU! Taken with Teal, Coastal Cabana and VersaMark

7 comments:

Greta said...

Hope you had a nice Easter, Rosemary! Gorgeous color combo, for sure, & so is your card! Love the gold panel on an angle!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, what a elegant and STUNNING card!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Absolutely gorgeous Rosi.

TK said...

Truly beautiful! I also love that you kept ERY close to the color challenge colors, as they are just wonderful!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, WOW, this is just wonderful, Rosemary!!!! Love your beautifully watercoloured flowers and I really like the little dots you added!!!!! And your tilted gold panel is just awesome!!!! This is such an elegant card and you have really done great with those colours!!!!! Beautiful!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Martha said...

WOW, Rosemary, this is SO beautifully colored and designed!
I love the pretty blues.

Barb Ghig said...

Really gorgeous blooms, and I love this color combo! Love how you angled the 2 panels with all that beautiful gold foil cardstock...Stunning work, Rosemary!