"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, March 4, 2016

sparkly stuff...

Hey friends!!  Happy Friday!!  Got some time on Thursday to make another card... YAY... and created this one for a few challenges:  Reverse Confetti March Sketch for You to Try, Merry Monday Christmas challenge (tropical) and Color Throwdown.   When I first saw the current Merry Monday challenge I wasn't sure I would be able to play along, but when I saw Bonnie's card using a flamingo I knew right away that I would go in the same direction and use my RC Fabulous Flamingos stamp set along with sentiment from Tinsel 'n Trim.  Using the colors from Color Throwdown made it a bit more tricky, but I think I came up with a pretty cool looking Christmas card.   I die cut and stamped the flamingo using dark pink ink and then wrapped a little bit of tinsel trim around the flamingo's neck.  The tag was die cut using the RC Tag Me die and the squares using the RC Shakers 'n Frames die set.  I had to hunt around through alots of stamp sets in order to find one that had a small Santa style hat that I could use for my flamingo, but finally came up with something.  I stamped the hat on white cardstock and then on the teal, carefully trimmed them out and then adhered the teal piece to the full hat.  I added some crystal Ice Stickles for a bit of sparkle.   I stamped the sentiment on the tag and then added the flamingo.  Layered everything up and I was done.



Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, Stampin Up! Taken with Teal; Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye Kate & Co; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti; Dies:  Reverse Confetti; Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Melon Mambo; Tinsel Trim:  Michaels; Ice Stickles; Hemptique teal hemp twine

22 comments:

Greta said...

Love the addition of the tinsel--so creative, Rosemary!

craftieodmae said...

as always, your card is gorgeous!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous! I love how your tinsel works with your sparkly sentiment! Very cute!

Bonnie said...

I love the way you think, Rosemary! LOL, Wish I had that sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the little hat and the festive tinsel!! This is adorable Rosemary!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Rosemary: I love this card, your pink flamingo looks so festive with the sparkly tinsel around it's neck but that little Santa's hat is just adorable and it fits just perfectly.
Thank you for sharing.

Maria Rodriguez.

Deborah Frings said...

This is a really fun and funky card! The papers, the colours and that cute flamingo - just fabulous!

KimCreate said...

Love this card great combo of challenges

conil said...

The details on your card and the mix of patterns are just fabulous.

Margaret said...

the tinsel is perfect!

Kathy said...

Such a fun Christmas flamingo, I love it! Wonderful card for the Challenges. :)

Lisa Lara said...

What a fun sentiment Rosi. Fun card. Love that flamingo. So cute.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Oh, this is so sweet! Love the touch of tinsel:) Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Susan Joyce said...

Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week, love the cute flamingo and your touches of bling.

walchowDesign said...

Tricky? Nothing is tricky for you, Rosemary. You tackled this colour challenge beautifully - so well balanced! I do like the combination of polka dots with the gingham.

Anita in France said...

Yep, definitely a cool Christmas card, Rosemary ... that flamingo is fabulous ... love his cute santa hat and tinsel scarf! Hugs, Anita :)

Petra Swart said...

Such a beautiful flamingo all dressed up for Christmas, Rosemary!!!! Love the combination of the polka dots and the gingham paper and I really like how you've used the colours!!!! And the sentiment is so wonderful to go with the little bits of sparkle!!!! What a special Christmas card!!!!
Have a super Sunday!!!
Hugz

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Rosemary, I love your festive flamingo. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

OH Babs said...

Love the layers, the colors and of course the tinsel.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the mix of patterns with the tag focal point (my fave tag die)! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Greta said...

Congrats on another HM at MM, Rosemary!

Vickie Z said...

Such a fun Christmas card!! Love that flamingo with a sparkly scarf!! Great use of the challenges and glad you joined us at CTD!!