"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, March 17, 2016

two completely different cards...

Hey friends!!  Wow... today was an absolutely gorgeous day here in the Pacific Northwest!!  The sun is out and hardly a cloud to be found.  The only problem is that the wind has picked up and it is rather brisk out there.  But I will take a sun-filled windy day over a cloudy rain-filled day any time!!  Haven't made a darn thing this entire week.   No time and I frankly I just didn't feel like making anything.  But... today that all changed.  I had some time and I actually felt like making something!  Ended up with two very different cards.  First up is a card for the current ColourQ challenge.  Haven't participated in the ColourQ challenge in ages and thought today would be a good day to change that.  I pulled out a few Stampin Up! sets and made one of my favorite types of card to make... a collage card.  I had to spend a little bit of time figuring out exactly how to layer the colors correctly.  Once I got the colors sorted out I did all my stamping, die cut my panel and then added my sentiment.  The collage images came from the new Stampin Up! set Timeless Textures and my favorite SU! set Kinda Eclectic.  The sentiment is from the SU! set Birthday Blooms.   Of course this card makes me happy, happy, happy!!

The second card is for two challenges:  Merry Monday Christmas challenge and Freshly Made Sketches.  This card also uses Stampin Up! products.  As I looked at the Merry Monday challenge I thought about my Stampin Up! Wonderful Wreath set.  This set was created for layering and has a set of dies that matches.  I stamped the wreath in SU! Smoky Slate ink and then stamped the layering image using Delicata Silver Shimmer ink but the silver doesn't really show up.  I added the berries layer using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  The noel was die cut from My Favorite Things silver sparkle cardstock.  I cut the noel from additional cardstock and then adhered them together.   I originally layered the wreath on white cardstock, but it just kind of faded into the background.  So I switched that out for black and I love how it looks.  I embossed the black cardstock using an SU! woodgrain embossing folder and then added a little strip of the silver sparkle cardstock to one edge.  Layered everything up and the white card base and then added some Diamond Stickles to the berries in the wreath.  Love how this card turned out, too!!



Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, PTI black, Simon Says Stamp fog, My Favorite Things silver sparkle; Stamps:  Stampin Up! Wonderful Wreath, Kinda Eclectic, Birthday Blooms, Timeless Textures; Inks:  Stampin Up! Smoky Slate, Kiwi Kiss, Always Artichoke, Gumball Green, Old Olive, Memento Tuxedo Black, Delicata Silver Shimmer; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design Polka Dot Rectangles, Stampin Up! Wonderful Wreath dies; SU! woodgrain embossing folder; Diamond Stickles

19 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love

Greta said...

2 beauties, Rosemary! I really love using the wreath for the sketch & I'm always in awe of your collage stamping--perfection!

Karren said...

Fabulous cards, Rosemary! Brilliant way to use the sketch and you've layered those greens perfectly.

Betty said...

both your cards are fantastic Rosemary - love the wreath card for MM

Margaret said...

Love both your cards - your Christmas card is beautifully CAS!

Bonnie said...

Wow, Rosemary, you've come up with 2 beautiful cards! Love the collage and have those sets so I can CASE. The Christmas card is fantastic with the black background and offset design! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday.

Petra Swart said...

Both of these are soooooo beautiful, Rosemary!!!! And I love your collage card so much - you do collage stamping so perfectly!!!! Such a great selection of stamps you worked with and the colours are just perfect!!!! Love the little dots in the top corner!!! Your FMS card is fabulous!!! The wreath and sentiment really look stunning against the embossed black panel and the little silver strip is so lovely!!!! Both gorgeous!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card! I love the black and silver! Looks amazing together and so perfect for Christmas! Love the woodgrain background as well! so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely cards, Love the CAS lines of the Merry Monday card and how the black makes your images pop. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous duo, Rosemary! Especially love the soft stamped layers on card one and the elegance of card 2!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful cards! The wreath works perfectly in the sketch! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Kelly S. said...

Gorgeous wreath! Love the color scheme!

Betty Wright said...

Both cards are fantastic, Rosemary! Love the images on the greens and the silver on the wreath. Lovely designs!

Marcia Hill said...

Pretty, pretty cards Rosemary! I especially love your Merry Monday card with the offset wreath...so elegant looking against the black! And I have that wreath so I can re-create this beautiful card! Thank you for the great inspiration!! :0)

Sylvia said...

Lovely cards, Rosemary, I love the first one...more white space! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ!

Martha said...

OH, Rosemary, both cards are simply beautiful.
Your collage-stamping cards always make me look twice.
And, your second card is one STRIKING beauty.
I love the silver, black, and white combination.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both wonderful!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm back again to thank you for joining us at ColourQ! This is another of your beautiful collage style cards!!

Anita in France said...

Stylish and chic Christmas card, Rosemary ... and beautiful collage stamping! I'm sooooo behind ... off to have a meander through all your recent creative works ... will be back with a comment or two as I go! Hugs, Anita :)