"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

rain or shine...

Hey friends!!  Popping in with a card that is very appropriate for this time of year in the Pacific Northwest.  I put together this card for the current Paper Players challenge (rain or shine), as well as the March Viva la Verve sketch challenge.  Viva la Verve switched from havign four sketch each month challenge to having two sketches per month and I'm still having trouble participating!!  Hoping that will change with this month.  When I saw the Paper Players challenge I just had to play along and use one of my favorite Verve sets:  Rain or Shine.  Still on a quest to use up my stash of 6x6 paper pads and I made another small dent when I made this card.  I used some sweet papers from the My Mind's Eye Sweetest Thing Tangerine pad.  Absolutely no die cutting on this card which was kinda weird for me.  I don't think I have made a card without die cutting at least the main panel in ages!  I stamped the umbrellas on to the patterned paper using orange and dark pink inks and then trimmed them out.  The umbrellas were stamped again on the sentiment panel using the same inks.  I added some partial embossing to the pink main panel before adding the patterned paper.  The edges were then roughed up with a distressing tool.  I cut the sentiment panel, stamped the sentiment and the umbrellas, roughed up the edges and adhered it to the main panel.  Finished by adding my paper pieced umbrellas. 


Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  white and pink cardstock; My Mind's Eye patterned paper; Stamps: Verve Rain or Shine; Inks: Tuxedo Black, SU! Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo; Embossing folder:  SU! Decorative Dots

13 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I love this, that sentiment is fantastic!!!

Greta said...

Love your card, Rosemary! Your distressed edges always look just right & I love the way you used the colors & pp!

Canonbury creations said...

Fab card Rosie, love the shabby chic effect!
Val x

Lisa Lara said...

This screams fun shabby chic to me Rosi. I love the double umbrellies.

Lisa Elton said...

What a great design Rosemary!! The scruffy edges and your patterned paper look wonderful!

laurie said...

I love the distressed edges, such a pretty card!Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is so super sweet, Rosemary!!!! Love the cute umbrellas with the pretty little flowers and, yeah for using some of those patterned papers, hey!!!! Love your mix of chevrons and flowers!!!! Such a lovely card!!!
Hugz

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Rosemary ... you're such an expert at combining papers and patterns beautifully ... this is just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Jaydee said...

Love those distressed papers and the double umbrellas. Such soft colors. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I just love those shabby little layers and your beautiful umbrellas. Thanks for playing along with VLV!

Marjeta said...

So sweet sentiment and super composition on card.

Marjeta

Greta said...

Congrats on the Verve shout-out, Rosemary!

Tina Z. said...

this is absolutely stunning!