"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, March 24, 2016

my sunshine...

Hey friends!!  Got a chance to make a quick card today for a couple of challenges.  The new layout from Freshly Made Sketches is such a fun one.  So many different shapes that you can use for the three main elements on the card.  The fun card that FMS design team member Jen T. made inspired me to create my card along a similar line.  I pulled out a Simon Says Stamp mini set called Bring the Sunshine and the matching sun die to create my little sun.  The clouds were die cut using stitched cloud dies from A Jillian Vance Design and then inked up with some PTI Spring Rain ink.  The panel was die cut using the largest die from my workhorse A Jillian Vance Design Rectangle Polka Dot backdrop dies.  I then cut the panel in to two pieces and then trimmed an additional 1/4" of cardstock from the larger panel.  The larger portion was partially embossed using a Sizzix Swiss Dot embossing folder to give it the look of rain.  The sun was die cut and then stamped using SU!'s So Saffron ink.  The panels were adhered to a So Saffron card base and then the clouds and sun were attached.  I finished off the card by adding a few clear sequins from the sequin mix that came with the March SSS card kit.  The challenge this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is "come rain or shine" so that is the other challenge I am entering.  I think it took me about 20 minutes to make this card... for me that is pretty darn fast.   Since I used some Simon Says Stamp products on the card I also entered it into the current Simon Says Stamp flickr challenge of anything goes.  This also works for the current CASology challenge of weather so I will be posting it there, too.


Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white and So Saffron; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Dies:  Simon Says Stamp and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Stampin Up! So Saffron and PTI Spring Rain; Sequins:  Simon Says Stamp

17 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your take on the sketch Rosemary, this is so cute!

Barb said...

I love how you split the background, Rosie! What a neat design! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing in the SSS Flickr challenge!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a sweet take on the sketch! I love the clouds and sun! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Melissa said...

Love this, Rosemary! I really like the partial embossing! Such a sweet design! :)
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology again!

Deidre said...

This is so cute and your layout is great! Such a nice card :) Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Jen Timko said...

That split background is pure genius for the sketch and I love your clouds and wonderful sun image! So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Greta said...

Wow, wow, wow! You are amazing, Rosemary--fabulous card & done in 20 minutes?! I'm in awe--love this card which is perfect for every one of these challenges!

paperkicks said...

Great interpretation of the sketch! Love this card!!

Claire said...

Fab take on both challenges Rosie - I chickened out of the FMS this week...I'd never have thought have combining it with Casology!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous card, Rosemary! Thanks for playing along with the CASology challenge this week!

Sherrie M. said...

Love all the little details on your card Rosemary! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, my, I nearly missed this card, Rosemary!!!! And it is so sweet and such a clever take on the sketch!!!! I really do like it when you do the partial embossing and I love all the little raindrops!!!! The clouds and the sun are so pretty!!!! Such a sweet card!!!!
Hugz

Greta said...

Congrats on another shout out at FMS, Rosemary!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Such a lovely design!! So pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Barb said...

Great design, love the partial embossing, and the white on yellow and split panel.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is really pretty! I love your choice of colours and images. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a fun take on the sketch & theme.
Darling card.