"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, March 11, 2016

just because...

Hey friends!  Happy Friday!!  Our weather has been a little crazy again.  Super windy yesterday with a lot rain in the afternoon.  This morning was beautiful with the sun out and it was rather warm.  Now it is pouring rain!  Ah... life in the Pacific Northwest!!   Anyway, I do have a card to share.  I will be posting this one to the current Color Throwdown challenge, as well as the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (a bit of green).  I decided to get a little artsy (ha ha!) so I pulled out my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors and some Ranger watercolor paper.  I spritzed my paper with some water and then applied the yellow, orange and green colors.   After the piece was dry (the following day) I die cut it using the PTI Butterfly Cover Plate.  Originally I was going to punch out the little bits from the butterflies, but decided to leave them in since I would have lost a lot of the yellow color in doing that.  To keep them in place I used washi tape on the backside of each butterfly.  Some Ranger Diamond Stickles was applied to each butterfly for some added sparkle. Can't really see it in the photo, but it looks pretty in real life!  Before adhering the butterfly panel to the card base I stamped the base with one of the brushstroke images from the PTI set Brushed Off using light grey ink.  The sentiment from Friendly Flowers was stamped in black in the lower corner and then I added the panel using foam tape.  I'm also going to add this to the current Words to Craft By challenge.  My sweet friend, Greta, is a member of the design team and each month I think about playing along, but it never seems to happen.  Finally I am able to play along!!  Here are the inspiration words: 

Just when the caterpillar thought her life was over she began to fly.
- Anon.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, Ranger Distress watercolor cardstock; Stamps and dies:  PaperTrey Ink; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Simon Says Stamp Fog; Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors. Ranger Diamond Stickles 

12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your butterflies look wonderful, what a great card!!

Greta said...

Not again--you're such an enabler, my friend! I have Friendly Flowers because of what you did with that set & now I have to get the Butterfly cover plate! Gorgeous way to use the colors & I'm so glad you joined in at W2CB!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I sure love how you applied color here Rosi and love that die.

Anita in France said...

Beautiful butterflies, Rosemary ... such yummy colours in that gorgeous colour wash ... so spring-like! Hugs, Anita :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Your artsy butterflies are gorgeous! I've had my eye on this die - lol! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous butterflies!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Karren said...

This is beautiful! The watercolored butterflies look amazing!

Broni said...

Your butterflies look beautiful watercolored and I like that you didn't punch out the little pieces. Love the striped background too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Vikki H said...

What a pretty card with your colors and design! Hmm I thought I had enough butterfly stamps but maybe not.

Petra Swart said...

Your watercoloured butterflies are so beautiful, Rosemary and I do agree with not removing all the little pieces!!!! I really like the very subtle light grey and white bg and how you've got the sentiment in the corner with the one butterfly slightly overlapping it!!!! This is soooooo lovely!!!!
Hugz

Sybrina K said...

Rosemary, This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the look you achieved with these watercolors... and I'm envious of your patience to wait until the next day to die cut those butterflies. So glad you joined us at Words 2 Craft By. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. :)

Martha said...

WOW, I love how you used the Butterfly cover plate.
Beautiful card, Rosemary.