"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hey friends!!  Popping in with a quick post.  I'm not one to use digital "stamps" or other types of downloadable images.  I just don't have really good editing software or the time to spend trying to figure out how to enhance the images.  But I really love this little freebie that Lori Hairston gave away recently (you can find it here).  I downloaded her and then spent a little bit of time trying to change the background so that it didn't come out so yellowish.  After using up about five sheets of PTI snow white linen cardstock I finally got a print that I was happy with.   After die cutting the image I kept things simple and just added some Diamond Stickles to the shamrocks.  I die cut some green glitter paper as a mat for the main image.  Green hemp twine was wrapped around the glitter paper and then the piece was adhered at an angle to a white cardstock panel.   The image panel was adhered at an angle as well and then a simple little bow tied from the twine and a light pink paper flower were adhered.  Adding this to Lori's current challenge of  St. Patrick's Day/green (I think I have both covered, lol!), the current Card Concept challenge (I was inspired by the green and shamrocks) in the clean and layered style and the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of a bit o' green.

Thanks for stopping by today...  

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

The time and paper spent on this was well worth it!! Simple adorable!!

Greta said...

That is an adorable image & I love how you mounted it with green glitter paper! The little rose is the perfect finishing touch--darling card, Rosemary!

sandie said...

You did a great job at editing this. I am useless at this and never try anymore. So congrats on doing this beautifully and combining with all the right details. Thanks for joining The Card Concept x

walchowDesign said...

I am not a digi girl too! Your colouring on the digi girl turned out beautifully and love the multiple hemp twine!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful! I fell in love with that Digi too....definitely worth your printing trouble!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is just so super cute, Rosemary!!!! Isn't she such a darling and I really love the glitter paper and the twine bow and sweet little flower!!!! What a lovely St Pat day card!!!
Have a great week!!!
Hugz

Lisa Lara said...

oh so sweet Rosi. I LOVE that image and how you used it.

Lori said...

Love this sweetie on the green glitter - adorable card! So glad you created a card with her and so happy you linked to my St. Pat's Day/Green Challenge!

Anita in France said...

Such a sweet, retro image, Rosemary ... she's fabulous against all that glitteriness! Hugs, Anita :)

Martha said...

OH MY, Rosemary, this is SO adorably sweet.