"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

a bright and cheerful happy birthday...

Hello friends!!  Hope your week is going well.  My boys are on spring break, but as per usual in the Pacific Northwest our spring break weather is pretty much a bust.  Today we had some sun in the morning, but late this afternoon we had a hail storm and thunder and lightening!  Yesterday was nice so we went to our local zoo (Pt. Defiance Zoo) and tomorrow we are going to a Lego exhibit... fun times, lol!!  Anyway... I made a card today using my favorite type of stamping:  collage.  I used two different Stampin Up! sets... my old favorite Kinda Eclectic and a new favorite Butterfly Basics and  the current ColourQ palette.    I did some generational stamping using most of the colors except the yellow.   It is just way too light when I stamped it a second time.   After I got all my stamping done I added the "happy birthday" sentiment in black ink and a few sequins.   Along with the ColourQ challenge I will be posting this to the current Simon Say's Stamp Wednesday challenge:  Birthday.   I think I will post this to the current AAA challenge:  Easter Colors since pretty much all the colors are represented in my card. 

 
 
Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white; Stamps:  Stampin Up!;  Inks:  Stampin Up! Tempting Turquoise,  Melon Mambo, Kiwi Kiss; Memento Dandelion;  various sequins
 

18 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

A pretty collage of stamped images Rosemary, wonderful card! Your weather sounds as crazy as ours. 70 tomorrow, chance of snow this weekend!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oh, tell me about the waather!! It is knocking our cable signal...!

So Lovely !! Thanks for joining us in the "Easter Colors" at AAA Cards Challenge!!!

Cindy said...

This is a very cheery card Rosemary. I love all the bright colors.

Greta said...

I so admire your skill at collage stamping, Rosemary! This is one gorgeous card! Crazy weather, for sure, although I didn't see any lightening. I did snap a picture of Fritz sunbathing & then the deck covered in hail an hour later! Have fun with the boys!

Lisa Lara said...

I love how you collage stamp Rosi. I just love all the stamps you chose and the colors. Makes me smile. I could not believe it when it hailed today and rained so hard.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A super duper array of stamps and they work so brilliantly together. Love your take on the challenge and colours. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Sylvia said...

Very pretty card using the Easter colors, Rosemary! Our weather is crazy too! Hope your Easter is bright and sunny! thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

Christine said...

The weather is here also very crazy Rosy! Your card is beautiful, smells to spring and summer!
Christine

walchowDesign said...

Great mix of stamps to create this beautiful collage card, Rosemary! Yesterday, we had hail and rain too!

Brenda in IN said...

I love how you combined the two sets and made such a pretty card. We have your weather from yesterday here today!

Nancy said...

Love this creative card, Rosemary! Beautiful stamping, as usual! The sun is shinning in NY right now, but I dare to mention it because tomorrow it could be snowing:)

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! I love the color combo and how you layered your images...you're so good at that! I hope your weather improves so your boys can enjoy the rest of their break :)

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous collage stamping, Rosemary ... such lovely images and delicious spring colours ... need some of that fabulous sun here!! Anita :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a wonderful collection of images and colors that go so beautifully together. Warm and wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards.

Jill V said...

I absolutely love the layered stamping with the Easter colours - it is such a gorgeous card!Thanks so much for sharing at AAA Cards this week! Jill

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Such a lovely design!! Love the colors too!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Linda Beeson said...

That is such a fun combination and so springy. So glad you could play along with us at AAA Cards.

Greta said...

Congrats on another HM at CQ--loved this one as soon as I saw it, Rosemary!