"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 9, 2015

hello... times 2...

Hello friends!!  Hope your week is going well.  Mine was until Wednesday... well actually things started going down hill on Tuesday night.   I occasionally get migraines.  Most of the time they aren't too bad and I can manage them, but the one I started getting on Tuesday evening was a doozy!   I'm not sure how I got the two cards I made on Tuesday evening done, but I did.  Now that I'm mostly back to normal after an awful day on Wednesday I finally have a chance to post them.   I will be adding both cards to the current Ellen Hutson Mix It Up challenge, as well as to the current ColourQ challenge.    Adding this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge:  April Showers/Flowers

 
 
For this month's Mix It Up challenge we have to combine Essentials by Ellen products with Lawn Fawn products.   I used the Lawn Fawn Lawn Cuts Scripty Hello and the Essentials by Ellen Bold Blooms stamp set.   As I set out to make a card I did a lot of experimenting with the arrangement which is why I ended up with two cards.   On the first card I only die cut the "hello" three times (once from the main panel and then two additional from plain cardstock).  On the second card I die cut the "hello" four times (once from the main panel and then three more).   I prefer the card with the four die cuts as I think the hello stands out more.  Anyway... I quite like both of them.   I did brush a bit of clear Wink of Stella on the flowers and leaves, but it is very subtle.



Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white; SSS fog; Stamps:  Essentials by Ellen Bold Blooms; Dies:  Lawn Fawn Scripty Hello; Inks:  SU! Really Rust, Crumb Cake, Hello Honey and Hero Arts Tide Pool; Wink of Stella clear

 

18 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
Glad to hear that you are recovered, it must be draining though.
This card is gorgeous with its pastel palette, and yes I agree the Hello looks wonderful.
Smiles:)
Sue

Shelly said...

Such a pretty card! And migraines are the worst...glad to hear your feeling better!

Deepti said...

This looks fabulous !

Kara Lynne said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the migraines, it sounds awful! Your cards turned out beautifully. Great way to use those colors!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the migraines Rosemary. My hubby has migraines too and I know how awful they can be. Your card is pretty, so happy you could join us at ColourQ!

Lisa Lara said...

I am so sorry you have a bad migraine (not like there is a good one, but you know what I mean). I love how you stamped with these images. I have seen the dies but not the stamps. Love the colors you used Rosi. Feel better.

Sylvia said...

So pretty, Rosemary, love both cards in these colors! Thanks for sharing your cards with us at the colourQ. I love your new lemon background for your blog!

Greta said...

So sorry you got hit with a terrible headache, Rosemary, but glad you're feeling better now. These cards are really neat--love the look!

Canonbury creations said...

Two wonderful cards have emerged from your pain Rosie O love that technique. Glad to hear you ate feeling better
Val x

DeeDee said...

Really glad your feeling better, I am taking a nice leisurely stroll through your pages of beautiful cards.

I saw a lovely card of yours today that had inspired Susan of "Simplicity by late blossom" I read that this card appears in the Spring issue of Take Ten, which I cannot get here in the UK.

The card had a Kraft card base, and a smaller white panel, then 3 wooden butterflies with a truly lovely large floral type stamp. Please could you tell me what the name of the stamp is and who makes it. Thank you. xx

Anita in France said...

Good to hear you're feeling much better, Rosemary ... hope those migraines stay away! Such lovely blooms and great use of those fab colours! Anita :)

Robin K. said...

So glad you're feeling better:). I think the scripty hello was a great choice with that flower image!

Barb Ghig said...

I really love how you played with this bloom and the color combo is so pretty, Rosemary! Beautiful card!

Claire said...

Hope you are better now...I'm amazed you got anything done with a migraine. But so worth it...your bold blooms are gorgeous Rosemary and I love how you've done the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful cards! Such a great design! Great colors!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Martha said...

OH, Rosemary, what beautiful cards you've created. I love...love...the design.

Nat said...

beautiful!! :)

Greta said...

Congrats on the HM at CQ, Rosemary!