"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, April 24, 2015

just for you...

Hello friends!!!  Hope you had an excellent week and have some fun stuff planned for the weekend!  Me?  The usual... swim lessons for my little, grocery shopping, church, maybe a bit of crafting!  Ah... good times, good times, lol!  Anywhoo... popping in with a little card to share.  I made it using the current ColourQ combo and the layout from CAS(E) this Sketch.   Yesterday the US Postal Service delivered some happy mail in the form of the Lovely Laurels Make It Market mini kit!  I have been waiting FOREVER for that little kit to come back it stock!!  It is just too adorable!  So... I used it for my card today.  I'm in one of those little creative funks where I can't seem to make anything that I like.  Last night I tried and tried to make a card, but came up empty handed so... I cleaned the frig!  Seems to have helped because I was able to make something today that turned out rather nice (I will be sharing that card next week), as well as my card for ColourQ and CTS.   This card is very, very simple, but when I'm in a creative funk keeping it simple seems to work best for me!  After doing all the stamping I did some partial embossing with my favorite embossing folder, Decorative Dots and I was done.  I was tempted to use the little wreath die that comes with the Lovely Laurels kit, but I am feeling rather lazy and did not want to take the time to pull out my die cutter and accessories just to make one little die cut. Times like these make me wish I actually had my own little crafty space where I can keep stuff out!  A girl can dream, right??  Well... that's enough rambling from me for one day!  Adding this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge:  clean and simple.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft, Recollections white; Stamps:  PTI; Inks:  Stampin Up! Kiwi Kiss, Crumb Cake and Tempting Turquoise; VersaFine Onyx Black; Stampin Up! Decorative Dots embossing folder.

 

12 comments:

Greta said...

Oh how beautiful, Rosemary! I talked myself out of that kit & now I'm kicking myself!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so pretty! Fresh, CAS and really delightful Rosemary. Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

walchowDesign said...

Simply beautiful with your partial embossing, Rosemary! I wished I have my own craft room too!

Nancy said...

Beautiful and creative design, Rosemary!

Canonbury creations said...

Such an elegant design Rosie and the embossing just lifts it. Your tag card on your last post was stunning!
Val x

Deepti said...

Wow! The simplicity is incredible :) I like the use of Kraft card base

Lin said...

Really lovely, Rosie! Such nice soft spring colors! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is so adorably SWEET!
I love it!

Anita in France said...

Beautifully simple and simply beautiful, Rosemary ... that mini kit is on my wish list too ... rapidly moving up to the top now! Anita :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet & pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Barb Ghig said...

I can see that you wanted this set...it's perfect for your style! I love the color combo, especially those sweet little blue flowers and your design is just perfect!

Sylvia said...

What a great card, Rosemary, I see you are mastering the idea of partial embossing! Thanks for joining in the fun at the ColourQ.