"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, April 19, 2015

caterpillar to butterfly...

Hello friends!!  Popping in with a card for a couple of challenges:  Less is More and ColourQ.   When I started this card I was only going to post it to ColourQ, but when I finished it I realized that it would work for Less is More current theme of "up, up and away" as butterflies fly away don't they?    The ColourQ challenge this week is black, grey, white and a pop of color.  Initially I was going to use bright pink as my pop of color, but then took a look at the ColourQ gallery and decided to use a bright spring green instead.   The stamps I used are from the Stampin Up! set Butterfly Basics.   I love this set for the simple reason that it is full of stamps that allow me to do what I like best: collage stamping.  I didn't do any collage stamping on this card... just kept things really simple.   Stamped the main floral image using Memento London Fog.   The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black.   The little butterflies were stamped in Memento Pear Tart, trimmed out and adhered.  Some bright green baker's twine was added at the bottom and bright green enamel dots were added to the butterflies bodies.  I mounted the panel on my favorite grey cardstock:  Simon Says Stamp Fog.  I love how the soft grey makes colors just pop!   A nice, simple "old school" style stamped card... my favorite!   ETA:  At the suggestion of Sarah I'm linking this up with the current Uniko Studio challenge:  Things with Wings.


Thanks so much for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white, SSS Fog; Stamps:  Stampin Up!; Inks:  Memento; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card, love the subtle colours you have used.

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Deepti said...

Awesome design! Love the pop of green :)

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! I love how you stamped the sentiment off-set from the floral image and the pop of Pear Tart and bright green is so pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm glad you decide to use the fresh spring green Rosemary!! Those butterflies look perfect in this color! Another pretty card and I'm so happy you played along at ColourQ!

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is just so lovely! The stamping and design are so beautifully done.

Thanks for making me aware of the Colour Q Challenge.

Lisa Lara said...

I just love how you stamped that sentiment over your flowers and the pop of color in your butterflies and twine Rosi. Love this card.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
Those lime green Butterflies are popping wonderful.
Smiles:)
Sue

wienerhoneymooners said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Greta said...

Great choice of images & colors, Rosemary--beautiful card!

Carole Dion said...

Very nice composition!

Chrissie said...

This is fabulous Rosemary, the colour mix is super and the design stunning!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

gail said...

gorgeous card, love the colours you have used for those butterflies. Gail xx

Amy White said...

This is such a stunning CAS card Rosemary! Love the grey detailed image with the coloured butterflies over the top - just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

walchowDesign said...

Those greens are popping up beautifully!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply elegant and gorgeous Rosemary.
A stunning CAS card and love the pop of lime from the butterflies.
You might also like to link up at Uniko Studio as we have a 'Things with Wings' Challenge there. Thanks for playing along at Less is More too.
Sarah x

Nancy said...

Beautiful CAS design, Rosemary! Love the pop of color!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary ... elegant and so lovely with those sweet green butterflies! Anita :)

Beverley said...

So pretty and elegant. Loving the colour combo too. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Anne said...

Rosemary what an elegant CAS creation, love your colour choice
Thank you for joining us at Less is More
Anne
Less is More

Susan said...

Very subtle, but eye catching card! Love the pop of green!

Nat said...

so awesome, love this sentiment. oddly enough at work we have two jars of caterpillars that we are watching turn into butterflies! I am taking pictures and will have to post them :) another beautiful creation :)

Viv said...

Just stunning Rosie ;) Viv xx