"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, April 10, 2015

it takes...

Hello friends!!  Happy weekend!!  Popping in with a card that I made for a few challenges:  April Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try, and Color Throwdown.   I'm trying to get better at looking at my stamps and dies and trying to figure out different ways to use them.  To that end I used two of the stamps from the RC set Fresh 'n Fruity to make my little trees.  I really like how they turned out.  The little tree trunks were die cut using the RC Branch Out Confetti Cuts.   The sentiment is from the RC set Love Blooms.  I thought the sentiment from Love Blooms was perfect to use with my little trees.  The panels were die cut using my Spellbinders plain rectangles and long rectangles dies.  I really like the finished look they provide and need to remember to use them more.  The main panel was die cut using the Avery Elle Dotted Elle-ments die.   The double ended banner was die cut using the banner from the RC Tag Me Confetti Cuts set.  In order to get it as long as I did I partially cut one side of the banner, slide it over to the other side and then finished cutting it.   I layered up all the different panels and the banner.  Then I had to arrange the little trees... which took a bit of time, lol!  Finished things off with a few orange enamel dots.

 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white; Bazzill orange, PTI light blue, Stampin Up! green; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti; Dies:  Spellbinder and Reverse Confetti; Inks:  Stampin Up! Pear Pizzazz and VersaFine Onyx Black; My Mind's Eye enamel dots

19 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful use of the colors and sketch Rosemary! I just love popping in here, you make the best cards!

Greta said...

Those colors would totally throw me, but you've used them perfectly, Rosemary! The trees are darling, as is this card!

Lisa Lara said...

Are you kidding me? Genius Trees Rosi. Love.

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely card Rosie what fabulous trees! Such a clever idea :0)
Val x

Anita in France said...

Lovely layers, Rosemary ... those little trees are fabulous ... and the sentiment is just brilliant! Anita :)

Nancy said...

Love your creative little trees! Fabulous design!

Petra Swart said...

Me again, Rosemary!!!!! Enjoyed all your lovely creations of the past three weeks!!!! Had a lovely time here!!!
Have a lovely weekend!!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Oh Rosemary, I love those trees!! What a wonderful idea and the whole card came together beautifully with your colors and layers!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Robin K. said...

Looooove your trees!!! You are just so good at using sketches- I really love this design!

walchowDesign said...

OMG! You turned the fruit into a tree - that is so creative of you, Rosemary!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a pretty color combo and I love how you layered your elements and papers! Fabulous sentiment too, Rosemary!

Joan Ervin said...

What a super cute design with those darling little trees....awesome sketch, too!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!!!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So cute, what a fabulous design.

Martha said...

Rosemary, I love this beautiful card!
So many lovely details to admire.

Nat said...

gorgeous, love everything about this charming card! :)

Deepti said...

Fabulous layering ! Way to rock the colors :)

~amy~ said...

Such a great card, love the panels!
Thanks for joining us at SFYTT!!