"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, April 6, 2015

with sympathy...

Hello friends!!  Popping in with a quick post.   Sympathy cards always seem to be the ones that paper crafters have the hardest time making... I know it is hard for me.  Unfortunately one of my dear friends lost her father a little over a week ago and tomorrow is the memorial service for him.  I made this card to give to the family.  I used the Viva La Verve April Week 1 sketch and the Verve set Framed Florals.   The patterned papers are from the Teresa Collins Nine & Co 6x6 pad.  I just love the pretty pastel color palette... so perfect for a sympathy card.   The set comes with a frame that has the sweet bluebells image as part of the frame.  I stamped the frame and then trimmed it out the rectangle portion only.  There is a matching bluebells image that can be die cut so I used that and positioned it over the trimmed off portion.  The banner was die cut with a MFT fishtail flag stax die and the border was created using one of my favorite border punches from Fiskars.   I'm including a detail shot of the bluebells showing the soft colors I used.   ETA:  Adding this to the current Paper Players challenge:  use die cuts.

 
 
 
 

Thanks for stopping by...



Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white; Patterned paper:  Teresa Collins; Stamps:  Verve; Dies:  Verve & MFT; Inks:  VersaMagic and VersaFine; Fiskars border punch

22 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
I have just finished a sympathy card myself this morning, I am off to the funeral tomorrow.
I will post it up later.
Yours is very apt and traditional and altogether beautiful and I know your friends will absolutely love it.
Mine is not so mellow.
Smiles:)
Sue

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful mix of papers and I love the way you used that sketch. It's a perfect sympathy card. I need to make some too :(

Mynn xx said...

Praying for your friend and her family. This card is just beautiful and I know it will be cherished! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's loss Rosemary. The family will appreciate this lovely card.

Michelle said...

Love the subtle colors on this sympathy card, Rosemary! Sorry for your friends loss!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! I love all the layers and the lovely color combo...so elegant!

Anita in France said...

I'm so sorry, Rosemary ... your beautiful, serene and gentle card will bring comfort, I'm sure. Anita

Robin K. said...

Sorry to hear about your friend's dad- she will definitely appreciate your beautiful card. I really love how you layered everything- perfect example for Vrginia's challenge.

Lisa Lara said...

Such a beauty Rosi. A sad life circumstance and a beautiful card out of it. Hugs.

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always!!!!

walchowDesign said...

Lovely subtle sympathy card! Sorry for the loss of your friend's dad!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful card Rosie, love the layout!
Val x

Viv said...

You are right they are the hardest cards to make, had to make a few lately. It's a beautiful card though Rosie ;) hugs Viv xx

Deepti said...

The compilation of elements in this card rock :) I am so in love with this beauty !

Debbie Mageed said...

What a lovely card that will surely bring your friend some comfort. I love your choices and details are perfectly done. Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players this week.

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card Rosemary

LeAnne said...

It's always difficult to have to send sympathy cards, but this is just beautiful...what a wonderful sketch and your take on it will certainly bring comfort to your friend and her family. Thanks for sharing this with the Paper Players this week!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Soft, serene and positively gorgeous!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous sympathy card, Rosemary! I love these pretty patterned papers and your flowers are perfect! LOVE this card!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so beautiful

Martha said...

This is so adorably sweet, Rosemary.