"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, March 20, 2020

celebrating your special day...

Hello!  Popping in with a card for a few challenges:  Color Throwdown, MFT sketch challenge and MFT birthday challenge.   In my last MFT order I got the Freshly Picked Die-namics die set so I pulled that out and created a little pitcher of flowers in Color Throwdown colors.   Since the theme for the MFT birthday challenge is flower posting it there made total sense!   I found scraps of the colors from the CTD palette and a piece of patterned paper from MFT for all my colors.  I did end up having to use more of the coral cardstock as I decided to create a mat for the main panel, but I did manage to use up a lot of scrap cardstock!   After I finished all the die cutting and assembly of the pitcher of flowers I die cut the rounded rectangle die (no longer available from MFT) from off white cardstock and the green plaid strip of green paper.  I adhered the strip of patterned paper to another piece of off white cardstock and die cut it with a stitched rectangle die (from AJVD).  Then I layered up the smaller rectangle and the pitcher.   A sentiment banner was die cut from the teal cardstock, stamped with the sentiment in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne and adhered to the pitcher.  I then die cut the second rectangle from the coral cardstock, adhered the two together and the adhered everything to an off white cardstock base.




Thanks for stopping by and please stay safe!

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This looks like spring! Lovely card Rosemary!

Greta said...

Super cute card, Rosemary! I do love those dies!

Anita in France said...

So charming, Rosemary ... a breath of spring! Hugs, Anita :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I always think of you with fab stamping, but this card with the dies is just beautiful, a Super design and a great take on the sketch, such pretty colours to follow too.
Be safe and well
Faith x

Lisa Petrella said...

Such a sweet card and such a great way to use up scrap pieces of cardstock!!! Love this!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab bouquet in the jug, Rosemary! Just love how you interpreted the sketch!!

TK said...

Beautiful colors, great layout and so pretty to look at! Stay safe!