"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, March 23, 2020

hello...

Hello... hope everyone is doing well and keeping busy while at home!  In that regard I have been trying to make some projects.  I finished up a card that was pretty labor intensive, but won't be sharing for awhile, only to start on another labor intensive card that I'm sharing today.  This card is for someone who will really not be expecting it, but I hope that it makes their day!  The card is heading to the following challenges:  Altenew March Inspiration challenge and Fusion.  Even though I used the Altenew Mega Succulent stamp set for my Altenew February Inspiration challenge card when I saw the inspiration photo I just had to use it again!  I stamped it on watercolor paper with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and then on white cardstock with same ink.  The one stamped on watercolor paper was then colored with my Faber-Castell watercolor pencils in a minty green, light blue and purple.  The blue sort of got lost between the minty green and purple, but you can just barely see it in person.  After it was dry I added a little shimmer using my Altenew Metallic watercolor paints.  That was done the previous night and left to dry.  Today I did the part of the card that turned a little labor intensive, but in the end I like how it turned out.  I used a die to cut my strips from the watercolor piece, trimmed down the image stamped on white cardstock and then lined up the watercolor strips.  I adhered them with foam tape.  Because the blue got a little lost I added it back in with my hello from the Altenew Half-Tone Hello set that I stamped using Altenew Sea Breeze ink.  The finished panel was adhered to a white cardstock base.


Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Anita in France said...

Creative and so clever, Rosemary ... I see the transition from purple to blue to mint clearly from here ... and it's delicious ... such a bold, contemporary and lovely card! Hugs, Anita :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gosh! this is so different and so beautiful, love the colours.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Viv said...

Such a stunning card here Rosie! love the colouring and design too, well done again ;) hugs Viv xx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Rosemary, this is incredible and well worth your efforts! I love the way your soft colors flow together. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for the sweet happy mail that arrived in my mailbox yesterday XO

Greta said...

Totally worth your efforts, Rosemary! Another winner in my book--super cool card!

TK said...

Beautiful card, and I THINK I can see your blue! Lovely use of the die and those pieces to accent the b&w background -- very nice indeed

Laurie Unger said...

Great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us over at the Fusion Card Challenge. I'm in WA too! Stay Safe! -Laurie DT

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - just love how you used the sketch to embellish this gorgeous succulent, Rosemary!!

Michelle Lupton said...

Love this! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion card challenge :)