"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, March 27, 2020

flowers and bunnies...

Well... even though I have lots of time on my hands (just like everyone, lol!) I have been having a hard time getting things made.  Finally in the last couple of days I got several cards made including the two I'm sharing today.  First up is a card for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.  I got my Spellbinders March small die kit recently.  I made a card with it that I'm not sharing at this time so I decided to use the kit to make this card for FMS and CTD.   I decided to just have the color in the bunnies and kept everything else white or light gray.  Aren't those little bunnies so cute?  Cutting them in pink and purple kind of reminded me of Peeps.   The set comes with the fun little sentiment "what's up?" so I decided to use that as well and have a totally die cut card.  The light gray rectangle was die cut using a classic Spellbinders rectangle die.  After assembling my bunnies and the carrot I adhered then to my rectangle using foam tape for one of the bunnies and the carrot and then adhering the other bunny with glue.  After adhering the sentiment I popped up the panel on the white cardstock base.


After creating with cute bunnies I decided to pull out my ZIGs and do a little coloring.  I stamped the MFT Flowers in Bloom in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne and then colored the flowers using one yellow marker and one bright blue marker.  Once I was finished coloring with my ZIGs I added some shading and details with Polychromos color pencils.   The image was die cut with the matching die and then I die cut the celebrate sentiment from dark pink cardstock three times and adhered them together.  I popped up the flowers on a white panel that I die cut with a AJVD rectangle die and then adhered the celebrate over the top per the sketch.  I then stamped the sentiment on vellum with VersaMark watermark ink, applied white embossing powder and then heat set it.  The strip was trimmed out, wrapped around the panel and adhered on the back.  I then adhered the panel to a white cardstock base.   This card is going to the following challenges:  MFT color challenge, MFT sketch challenge and MFT birthday project challenge.  I will also be posting this one to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.



Thanks for stopping by and please stay safe!


7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

That carrot, those bunnies...SO CUTE!! I like your pretty flowers too. Have a great weekend ~ be safe, be well!

Anita in France said...

Lovely spring blooms, Rosemary ... and adorable bunnies with their crunchy, leafy topped carrot ... so fun! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling bunny duo on the big carrot, Rosemary! And I love the birthday blooms with the layered sentiment too!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love those bunnies on the carrot and the colour combo, then the bright and wonderful floral card. Both are just wonderful.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Jen Timko said...

Both of these are wonderful! Love those bunnies. So cute. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

Both of these are just gorgeous! I love the bunnies and the fun carrot on the first and those fabulous colors on the second. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

TK said...

Whilst your bunnies are quite cute, your flower card is quite stunning! Beautiful, bright, and sure to bring a smile